Notices

Lets see your winter upgrades!

Old 01-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lets see your winter upgrades!

Here's a couple of mine.

That's right....... A/C baby! Screw that hatch air for now on.

And a 15" flat screen that can be operated in the slip or on the water. Home theater! (those are the front speakers to the left of TV, and above the countertop. Movies are played thur the stereo DVD head unit. Sounds awesome.

Have a couple of JL Audio amps and 2 of their subs ordered now. Gotta have some power to makes those Babbs sing.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lets see your winter upgrades!

Very nice and very well done it looks totally factory......good work..
Here is my winter project..............not as much fun as yours.
Take care;

Jay
Attached Thumbnails Lets see your winter upgrades!-cockpit.bmp  
Old 01-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

US1 looking good!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great US1!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Thanks guys.

bluelightning, couldn't get this pic to attach in my PM.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

US1 TV screen looks great ! you can run your air on the water? I assume you have a gen set now?. If so where did you insert your water pick-up? Pic if you have it.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Gen set, afraid not. That would be nice, but there is no way it would fit. A/C for shorepower use only.

Don't have the pick up installed yet for the AC. That's only thing left; pickup, pump and strainer. Parts are being shipped as I type.

The pickup will either be on the side near the bottom below the bilge pump thru hulls, or right underneath the chine on the flat areas. (This would be about were the batterys are)

I need to have easy access to the thru hull fitting to screw in the hose adapter I made to drop a water pickup hose in the lake while the boat is on the lift. Made the SS thru hull also because of the straight/taper pipe thread combo I needed, plus I needed it threaded internally for the brass adapter. Most of my challenges were locating the fitting so it is accessable outside and doesn't interfer with the lift or trailer bunks. And for valve, pump and strainer all be below the water line for use when I might be at another lake for in water use and of course accessable. All those requirements eleminated mounting the fitting in the center of the bottom or at the very back under the motors. Has to be on the side or right near to meet my needs. When installed, shouldn't look any different than the bilge drains, just lower.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Registered

Can you give me more info and pics on the flat screen install? I want to do the same in my 32 and yours turned out looking sa-weeeet! Where are you going to mount the amps? Thanks again
Old 01-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by cyberuss
Can you give me more info and pics on the flat screen install? I want to do the same in my 32 and yours turned out looking sa-weeeet! Where are you going to mount the amps? Thanks again

Thanks.

The TV had a 1/8" lip all the way around it near the front, so I made a box frame from 3/4 wood almost to size, allowing for the vinly covering. I then slid the TV in thru the front and seated it to the lip. I bent up a peice of SS plate and used the 4 TV stand mounting screws to attach to the plate to the back of the TV, with the plate also having tabs to mount to the wall and waslong enough overall to screw the box frame too. The tight fitting box frame ads alot of stabilty in addition to the TV's 4 mounting screws on back , was afraid just using the 4 back screws might allow the whole rear of the TV to break under rough conditions. Solid as a rock now! I made the main mouting holes to be located within the mirror space incase I wanted to remove the TV and reinstall the mirror. The box frame is 1" on right side, to 2 1/2" left side taper so it angled the TV over to the left side of cabin for better viewing. The power and video cables are ran behind the upper trim panel in the door way and thru the top of the closet above the carpeted covering. No other pics at this moment.

I'm working on the amps this very moment. Head hurt thinking about it, so came in to catch up on OSO. Originally was going to mount them inside the cabinet with the A/C, but not sure about the heat since only have 1/2" above the amps for cooling. PLus I would loose that storage space.
I'm thinking about installing them up under the back of the rear bench seat above the battery switches. That area is a large wide open, perfect for cooling....amps would be hidden out of sight and easy access to adjust. Unscrew 1 bolt, and lift them off a hanging mount I'm building tonight. I just don't know if that would be a moisture problem. If located in the cabinet: unbolt and pull out, adjust, reinstall and remount. More of a hassle since the adjustments are on the bottom.
I hate making decisions!

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 01-20-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered

very nice install work!!!

Quick Reply: Lets see your winter upgrades!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.