Prochargers

Notices

Prochargers

Old 02-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom,
What type of water conditions are we talking about? I dont run my boats hard unless the water is right, I have been tossed around in lot of boats but I guarantee you a 29 will perform perfectly in good water with big power, its all about knowing when and where to use the power in my opinion.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indy27 I agree with you 100% . Treat the boat with respect and things would be just fine. I hope LOL
Old 02-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by INDY27
Tom,
What type of water conditions are we talking about? I dont run my boats hard unless the water is right, I have been tossed around in lot of boats but I guarantee you a 29 will perform perfectly in good water with big power, its all about knowing when and where to use the power in my opinion.
I don't want to come across like an A Hole. I only want to share my personnal experiences. I agree when and where.

When I owned the 93 29' I mostly boated on Lake Conroe. A small lake that is 90% bulcated. 2 to 3's with a 5 to 6 worked in their. Other words not a smooth lake on Sunday, but not offshore either. If you didn't have the tabs down when running hard, the boat would get sloppy.

3 times in the three years I owned the boat she got real airborn and laned on her side. The same thing happened to a buddy of mine in his 29 and he got thrown through the plexyglass.

My opion I would not make any twin big block 29 any faster than it already is.

I am not afaid of speed by any means my 42 will go well into the 90's but it doesn't want too fly with its azz dragin
Old 02-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered

I do respect everyones opinions that is why I asked . I just wanted to get a little more out of it and that seemed like the best way .
Old 02-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered

I agree with ttbone93 and indy27. I boat on the great lakes which is considered by most to be offshore. They are still large bodies of water that get real snotty. For the lakes handeling might be a different issue. The when and where is the big thing. Boats can go as fast as you are comfortable driving them. If you are comfortable driving a 29 at close to 100mph or better then let a rip.

Raf
Old 02-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by runafever
I agree with ttbone93 and indy27. I boat on the great lakes which is considered by most to be offshore. They are still large bodies of water that get real snotty. For the lakes handeling might be a different issue. The when and where is the big thing. Boats can go as fast as you are comfortable driving them. If you are comfortable driving a 29 at close to 100mph or better then let a rip.

Raf

GiTRDONE
Old 02-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

251, Congrats on the new ride. You the guy that had the dark blue/white 251 ? You running on Owasco or Cayuga with that ?

Correctly installed and tuned Prochargers would be fine if on motors in good shape. How many hours on them ?

That hull with twin big blocks sure is tail-heavy.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:49 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Just do it. You know when to use the power and speed, and when to not. Any boat can get dangerous, and most all of ours have extra danger built in with excessive speeds capable at the push of a stick. The boat isnt going to tear apart, and is more than capable of higher speeds in good water. I dont think we are talking about 2000hp in a 29 here. Git-r-done.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Registered

Hey Kell O . Yes I was the one with the 251 on Owasco. We have ridden snowmobile together also.We need to get together this summer and do some boating. Get a hold of me. Glenn
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Racer
Racer

Think long and hard before you undertake any kind of blowers.I've run prochargers for about twelve years and you will definately see your boat get a lot faster,with improved cruise and fuel mileage. You will also see your drives break more frequently, due to the added torque. In salt water you have to watch the procharger intercoolers like a hawk ( they will rot and blow water into your motor if you don't catch it.) I've built my own copernikel coolers and knock on wood 4 years old and still dry. I would not install any blower with out Dyno tuning the set up, if you lean out in the boat kiss your motor good bye. The fuel ratio has to be right on or you will foul plugs constantly(to rich) or lean out ( blow torch your pistons). The fellow who said get newer hull gave the best advise in the long run providing it meets your budget. I have an early 35 executioner with 700 hps does 90 and a Fountain supervee with 525's when propped for top end will do 112. 700's are procharged 525's are stock. big difference in the new hulls and the reliability in the 525's is incredible. We got 950 out of 540's w/ prochargers but they were very volitile, ae. bad fuel would kill them amongst a list of other things. Long story longer, there is a lot to be said for a boat that runs 80 and starts all the time and doesn't break to often.

Good Luck,
Louie

Quick Reply: Prochargers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.