my 29 gets new power >

my 29 gets new power

Notices

my 29 gets new power

Old 03-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Default my 29 gets new power

seeing Ive decided to keep her its due for a repower and a freshen up......I know its not 1100 a side but it officially got started last weekend, many thanks to OSO Sutphil for driving an hour one way to help out and offer guidance.......I needed it!
Attached Thumbnails my 29 gets new power-boat-engines-mar-07-038.jpg   my 29 gets new power-boat-engines-mar-07-011.jpg   my 29 gets new power-boat-engines-mar-07-009.jpg  

Old 03-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered

thats Phil on the ladder....
the new ones are waiting......all purple.......355s, dyno 360hp/410 ft/lbs, all done by 4800......engine builder said we can change camshafts spin to 55 or 6 and see way over 400 if I want.......we'll see how these work.......bilge is pretty bad.....new bilgecoat there for sure.....
Attached Thumbnails my 29 gets new power-boat-engines-mar-07-012.jpg   my 29 gets new power-boat-engines-mar-07-017.jpg  
Old 03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations my Fountain Brotha,
WOW!!! Those motors look AWESOME!!! I think once you freshen the bilge (they all get that way) and get the motors in, it will look incredible!!.
Good luck and keep us posted with pics and stuff.
Jackhammer
Old 03-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Registered

Boat will run great and look great when she's done. 360 hp should be a reliable package and will scream in a 29
Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Doug, what the hell is with that redneck heating ductwork? Don't you know a good HVAC guy?
See that new garage is full. A little Chevelle project going on too? Love the economy ceiling look.

Motors look sweet! Serious oil pans there!

Just noticed your water inlet is on the opposite side of what I'm used to seeing. Is that typical of SB setup?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-06-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Registered

Very nice Doug, awesome looking package for sure when all done. Bet you're chompin at the bit now!!!!!!!!.......keep us posted and congrats, good luck.

Jay
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Doug, what the hell is with that redneck heating ductwork? Don't you know a good HVAC guy?
See that new garage is full. A little Chevelle project going on too? Love the economy ceiling look.

Motors look sweet! Serious oil pans there!

Just noticed your water inlet is on the opposite side of what I'm used to seeing. Is that typical of SB setup?
Ohhhh he burns me on the furnace and the cieling .........been a time issue more than anything........its been alot......100ft of gas pipe, elect panel, all the wiring, lighting etc.......done it all myself......going to try some different things with the ductwork in low buck flex before I do everything in tin and decide I dont like it.......

picked up the 69 chevelle awhile ago........going to put 5 or so yr old late model stock car chassis underneath the body, run it on the street, with between 5 to 600 smallblock (see a trend!) hp........as an obsolete race car they arnt worth (3 -5gs roller no body) much but have huge brakes, fully adjustable susp, quick change etc.......want to do it all myself here in the shop including channeling it & paint......plan on 4 or 5 yrs.......heres a pic of my old 69 that was my daily driver in 85'........and a pic of the fully channeled, 12" tire on all 4 look I want to catch in this build......the first one wasnt low enough

havnt researched the crossovers much.......thats the way they came
Attached Thumbnails my 29 gets new power-dsc00688.jpg   my 29 gets new power-normal_bobpressleylms.jpg  

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 03-07-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered

been awhile but not that I havnt been busy on the boat.......never realized how grimey the bilge was till I got the motors out......scrubbed it down twice with acetone and used bilgecoat......every single clamp replaced (like 90 some) and I found out some of the cables are actually red!......they were so covered in grease and oil I thought they were all black!!
Attached Thumbnails my 29 gets new power-cakes-001.jpg   my 29 gets new power-cakes-002.jpg   my 29 gets new power-cakes-003.jpg  

Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

new engines dressed and ready to go......that was a chore and a half.......Im going to go with the crossovers and keep the alphas so i'll be relying on the drive mounted impeller to pump all the water.......according to some OSOers supposed to work ok........Im keeping all my engine water pump stuff (molded hoses etc) so if I want to change back it will be easy......so I ended up sourcing out all new hoses.......the main one coming from the outdrive to the crossover ended up being from a 87 full size chevy van!.......

boat and motors have been sent up to Double R Performance in Orillia Ont for installation and testing.
Attached Thumbnails my 29 gets new power-cakes-005.jpg   my 29 gets new power-cakes-006.jpg  
Old 04-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Registered

that bilge makes me jealous. Should have done that to mine while the motor was out. Nice job!

Quick Reply: my 29 gets new power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.