Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
running wires on a 35 from cabin to helm >

running wires on a 35 from cabin to helm

Notices

running wires on a 35 from cabin to helm

Old 04-23-2007, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running wires on a 35 from cabin to helm

Ok I am at a loss, I have been trying to run the wires from my radio in the cabin, to my remote by the side switch panel. I cannot find a place to run wires from one side of the cabin to the other side. My remote wire is not long enough to run all the way back to under the rear seat. Any hidden areas I don't know of.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:10 AM
Registered

i had to pull my windshield and when i did i un stapled the headliner and i saw some wire's going across only a guess on my part but it was easy to get to with the first row of staples out and was real easy to put back together!hope this helps.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would guess it is the same setup as my 32. I run the wires over the cabin/cockpit divider panel (bulkhead?) where the bulkhead does not fully reach the underside of deck along the gunnel. (right behind the radio) Then drop the wires down inside that side storage compartments by the gas filler hose. Now the tricky part. If you use a flashlight and a mirror looking inside the storage compartment towards the front where the flooring stops and the gas hose goes down to the tank, you will notice using the mirror and light looking under the floor, there is a void all the way across under the floor from side to side. There is about a 3" space between the floor underneathe side and the gas tank. I ran all my speaker wires, Ipod wires and the 2 remotes wires going thru there. It's really a peice of cake and a straight shot IF your 35 is built the same as my 32. Takes just me a couple minutes to run them from the radio to the dash.
The wires come out in the drivers side storage compartment right under the wiring mess, right where you want them.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 35 White Lightning
Ok I am at a loss, I have been trying to run the wires from my radio in the cabin, to my remote by the side switch panel. I cannot find a place to run wires from one side of the cabin to the other side. My remote wire is not long enough to run all the way back to under the rear seat. Any hidden areas I don't know of.
Assuming you have a 35 twin step, you can get wires from the radio to the right side of the helm by removing the cabin door trim on the inside of the cabin. It comes off with about 6 screws. To get the wires out of the radio area, you might have to remove the back of the closet. Run the wires across the boat below the bottom of the door and up towards the instrument panel. That should give you the ability to route the wires up to the side switch panel.

Good luck.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered

My 06 35 has trim around the door that can be removed giving
acces from the radio> around the door and into the back of the dash.