Ski behind a Fountain? >

Ski behind a Fountain?

Notices

Ski behind a Fountain?

Old 01-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can afford it, and have the dock space, keep the Islander for a ski boat.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Not sure how much fun it would be for the skier on my boat.

n166ndUEcWc
Lol! do you ski at 80?

Last edited by mcprodesign; 01-05-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Exactly why i want a SSM boat!!! Perfect for skiers, tubes and A$$clown wake boarders
Wake boarders.. lol. Their waves USED TO bother me . LOL!!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's my understanding that mine was built for the Catalina Ski Race in 2002... Now get you some skiing at 110!! It actually won the race that year according to an old edition of a powerboat magazine I saw a couple years back...
Old 01-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NWPC
I like to have the right boat for the whatever I do.
Sure would be nice. Would have to have coin to do that or be signing lots of loan documents.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UNSANE
In short..........No. Maybe some other water toys like the above pic, but not wakeboarding. My 29 takes forever to plane out and almost can't hold 22mph. And I don't think anyone's ever put a tower on them anyways. They just were not built for that in mind. Living in Orlando, I get that question ALL the time. "Can you wakeboard behind it?" I reply, "No" They reply, "well what do you do with it then?" I reply, "Hawlass!!!!" Actually I'm getting so sick of the question and wakeboarding in general, (oversaturated here in Otown) I'll just slap the next person who asks! J/K.............maybe
I like that reply " Hawlass " ....
Unfortunately some of us entry level Fountain owners can't do that , most 27' Fountains with a stock 502 or 496 can barely make it over 67 mph on a consistant basis . I often get people with wake boardboats asking how fast will that thing go ? I would love to be able to say 90mph .
For the person that is looking for a fast wakeboard boat that is capable of hitting mid to high 60's , a Mastercraft X80 might be the ticket . I had one pass me last summer so I hammered the throttle down to catch up and it took a long time before i started to gain on him slowly . That X80 had to be doing 64-66 mph cause my 27' Fountain will only do 67-68 on a good day . I ended up talking to the guy and he cliams the boat has twin engine shaft drive props . As far as wakeboard boats go .. that was " da chit " .
I love my 27' but being shamed by a "Wakeboardboat" was no fun .
Old 01-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 8luglogic
I like that reply " Hawlass " ....
Unfortunately some of us entry level Fountain owners can't do that , most 27' Fountains with a stock 502 or 496 can barely make it over 67 mph on a consistant basis . I often get people with wake boardboats asking how fast will that thing go ? I would love to be able to say 90mph .
For the person that is looking for a fast wakeboard boat that is capable of hitting mid to high 60's , a Mastercraft X80 might be the ticket . I had one pass me last summer so I hammered the throttle down to catch up and it took a long time before i started to gain on him slowly . That X80 had to be doing 64-66 mph cause my 27' Fountain will only do 67-68 on a good day . I ended up talking to the guy and he cliams the boat has twin engine shaft drive props . As far as wakeboard boats go .. that was " da chit " .
I love my 27' but being shamed by a "Wakeboardboat" was no fun .
get that wakeboard boat in 2-3ft chop and see if he can keep up
Old 01-07-2012, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

For those that have skied behind a go fast with thru hull exhaust, how was the noise level?

Also a thought would be how fast one could return to the skier once down. Wake and Ski boats turn pretty tight at speed. What about the go fast handling, and all that rope?
Old 01-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

I grew up with the direct drive non bow rider ski boats. Those things up to 47-50 mph are performance boats.
They will turn and accelerate like nothing you ever seen.

wash outs are are blast with them!

Our boats just are not made for the same thing.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 97FASTech
For those that have skied behind a go fast with thru hull exhaust, how was the noise level?

Also a thought would be how fast one could return to the skier once down. Wake and Ski boats turn pretty tight at speed. What about the go fast handling, and all that rope?
Turn the oposite drection your pro turns to do a u turn. (Was left for my 27) This will turn quickly w/o any blow out. As far a the though hulls. It sounds *****EN !. You get to hear your motor! not to loud.

Quick Reply: Ski behind a Fountain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.