525efi Firing Order >

525efi Firing Order

Notices

525efi Firing Order

Old 07-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 525efi Firing Order

Does anyone out there know off the top of their heads which side the 1,3,5,7 cylinders are on the 525efi? I need to install an o2 sensor on the tailpipe for some ecm tweaking. Boat is an 05 42 ex with whippled 525's.

Thanks!!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TRL505
Does anyone out there know off the top of their heads which side the 1,3,5,7 cylinders are on the 525efi? I need to install an o2 sensor on the tailpipe for some ecm tweaking. Boat is an 05 42 ex with whippled 525's.

Thanks!!!!
Left (port) side, 1,3,5,7 starting at the front of the engine (crank pulley end). Right side (starboard) 2,4,6,8.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered

Thanks a lot!!!!!! Now let the fine tuning begin. Its amazing what one will do for 2mph.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered

Thanks a lot!!!!!! Now let the fine tuning begin. Its amazing what one will do for 2mph.
Let us know how your 525's/whipple fine tuning turns out, including props. I just bought a 2005 42 EX with 525's and this setup may be my winter project.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gerritm
Let us know how your 525's/whipple fine tuning turns out, including props. I just bought a 2005 42 EX with 525's and this setup may be my winter project.
As of now with Hydro 33" p5+'s and IMCO 2" shorties the best speed has been 101mph @ 5500rpm...in VERY hot/humid weather. Next week we are sending props back to Hydro for some labbing...need to get slip down...its @ about 15-16%. I would like to get slip to about 10-12%. This, along with the "fine tuning" and ideal conditions SHOULD get me close to 105mph.....I hope. I'll keep you posted. FYI....the Whipple install was everything but simple. We had major overheating problems until we installed sea strainers, and high water pressure dumps. We also have on order SC700 Heat exchangers to help with the cooling. Oh yeah, one more thing....the port engine caught fire last fall due to a faulty Whipple wiring harness. Whipple's customer service is..........piss poor to put it mildly.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Registered

As of now with Hydro 33" p5+'s and IMCO 2" shorties the best speed has been 101mph @ 5500rpm...in VERY hot/humid weather. Next week we are sending props back to Hydro for some labbing...need to get slip down...its @ about 15-16%. I would like to get slip to about 10-12%. This, along with the "fine tuning" and ideal conditions SHOULD get me close to 105mph.....I hope. I'll keep you posted. FYI....the Whipple install was everything but simple. We had major overheating problems until we installed sea strainers, and high water pressure dumps. We also have on order SC700 Heat exchangers to help with the cooling. Oh yeah, one more thing....the port engine caught fire last fall due to a faulty Whipple wiring harness. Whipple's customer service is..........piss poor to put it mildly.

I wll keep your experiences in mind when I decide which way to go.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gerritm
I wll keep your experiences in mind when I decide which way to go.
Good luck!!
Old 07-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Registered

port side, =1,3,5,7 (bow-stern) Firing order= 18436572
Old 07-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lets please keep this story straghit. There was not a faulty wiring harness. Your installer said it was his fault, the pics forwarded to us was very clear. Metal cannot touch power leads, tends to arc.

As for customer service, I can understand your concern, but we have a simple policy, when you buy from one of our dealers, your suppose to direct your questions to them. When we deal with tech questions, we have a procedure that ask for compressor #, when purchased and some misc. info so we know more info when talking to customers. We have revisions, updates, changes, etc. so the more info we have to better answer or solve questions/problems. I understand this can be frustrating, but its best for the customer. I talked to Bob Teague, Matt and when we scratched our heads, I talked to some friends at Mercury Racing and we all came to the conclusion that there was too much PSI. It was certainly a unique situation, and to date, we still have yet to see the same problem. Glad to hear thats been resolved. Are you having Mark @ Precision looking at it? ECM's are password protected, so if it's not Mark, then you need to make sure they have a proper calibration because they have to erase the computer and put their own cal in it. Can quickly lose ground if not careful.

Thanks,
Dustin Whipple
Old 07-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Lets please keep this story straghit. There was not a faulty wiring harness. Your installer said it was his fault, the pics forwarded to us was very clear. Metal cannot touch power leads, tends to arc.

As for customer service, I can understand your concern, but we have a simple policy, when you buy from one of our dealers, your suppose to direct your questions to them. When we deal with tech questions, we have a procedure that ask for compressor #, when purchased and some misc. info so we know more info when talking to customers. We have revisions, updates, changes, etc. so the more info we have to better answer or solve questions/problems. I understand this can be frustrating, but its best for the customer. I talked to Bob Teague, Matt and when we scratched our heads, I talked to some friends at Mercury Racing and we all came to the conclusion that there was too much PSI. It was certainly a unique situation, and to date, we still have yet to see the same problem. Glad to hear thats been resolved. Are you having Mark @ Precision looking at it? ECM's are password protected, so if it's not Mark, then you need to make sure they have a proper calibration because they have to erase the computer and put their own cal in it. Can quickly lose ground if not careful.

Thanks,
Dustin Whipple
Dustin,
With all due respect...you are incorrect in your statement. It was not a PSI issue. We installed the pressure relief dumps per your suggestion and still had overheating problems. The issue was finally resolved by installing sea strainers to keep a non arreated source of water flowing to thru the heat exchangers. Secondly, we attempted to contact Teague numerous times...with little response. This whole ordeal was a finger pointing circle jerk with no one taking responsibility for the problem. I will say that Advanced Marine did all that they could to reslove the multiple issues and they should be commended for their customer service.
I too am a buisness owner, and when a "customer" calls me with a concern I do everything in my power to resolve the issue....even if I am not the one who actually sold, installed or provided the product. Unfortunatly, you do not ascribe to the same buisness model. I am not an idiot, and I am fully convinced, that due to potential legal ramifications, you were merely doing what you needed to do to keep your best intererst protected.
Put yourself in my shoes, you fill your $300k Whipple charged "dream boat" up with 200 gallons of fuel, take a ride down the lake with your wife and stop only because you come to the realization that your boat is on fire....and that fire was a result of a wiring harness that YOUR company provided.....dive back in the engine compartment and smother the flames with your coat and tell me how much patienence you would have with a manufacturer that refused to take your calls.
Lastly, when all was said and done I ended up spending an additional 15k on high pressure dumps, sea strainers, transportation costs, head gaskets, numerous engine removals, blower belts (it throws about 2 belts a month), and larger heat exchangers.....NONE of which were included in Whipples "complete kit."
In summary, your aforementioned response only further reinforces the fact that you refuse to take ownus of any part of this potentially tragic situation. A simple....."Hey Eric, I'm sorry", or a return phone call assuring me that the issue was being addressed and will be taken care of one way or the other would have been nice.

Sincerely,

Eric O. Seeley