Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Fountain jumping cruisers wake >

Fountain jumping cruisers wake

Notices

Fountain jumping cruisers wake

Old 11-18-2007, 02:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
Had I known this thread would have taken on a life of it's own I probably wouldn't have ever started it.

.:
It's good that you did. Nothing at all wrong with hearing other's viewpoints.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
If you watch the video for the first time, it looks like the Fountain jumps the cruisers wake and scares the crap out of those on board the cruiser. If they were strangers, and that was the case then I would say the Fountain driver is an a-hole for doing that. Of course after reading the thread and hearing what really happened, it's really not that big of a deal. They were all willing participants, and even if it's not the safest thing to do, it's also not the worst. They were just having fun and it looks a lot closer than it was.

Had I known this thread would have taken on a life of it's own I probably wouldn't have ever started it.

Lighten up everybody and have some fun.

BTW, Stecz is a homo.............
Lighten up everybody and have some fun.

Exactly....
Old 11-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim I always wear my vest, kill switches and a helmet if I am running hard in the ocean.I only saw one other person wear a vest all season let alone kill switches.You were out of line to go after panther like that.
As For Key West yes as I posted any one should be able to take photographs for there own use or to post but you sell them thats different.I will have to side with SBI on this one.Yes I know you feel you provide a service but so do the people that sell drinks and food and shirts at the races they pay a fee to be there why do you feel that you are any different.Not trying to have the last word here(I am sure I won't) but was away today just responding to your quotes from my post. And buy a boat you were a lot more fun to be around when you had one
Old 11-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
It's good that you did. Nothing at all wrong with hearing other's viewpoints.
Yes there is! That is like telling kids that beauty is on the inside & there are no stupid questions.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
You were out of line to go after panther like that.
It's fine Tim, I can handle it.

Lots of factors come into play, most of which others are not aware. It's a shame it's come to this but here's the link to where this "particualar" scenario started; http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=161115

To alleviate any concerns I added a comment to the video on google.... I never had any complaints, except for this one. One other person wanted to know if part of the another video was shot from the sun pad but riding on the sun-pad while underway is illegal in NJ. Someone also asked if he was standing on the back seat when he got the overhead shot but he was holding the camera above his head and viewing it thru the LCD.

Everyone has their opinion and can make what ever judgements they want.... One thing I wont do is spend another 3 hours uploading and modifying a video just because of one persons opinion.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...38926164987063

So in closing.... Enjoy the video, I know I did!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading this thread again I realize I must get this off my chest. Five years ago when we had the 29' Envision I jumped a cruiser wake at LOTO - it was the coming together of open water, safe distance and perfect wake. There were six adults on board, all of us in the cockpit. We were not wearing life jackets, but I had the lanyard on. We were going about 35 mph.

Wow, confession is good for the soul. I feel this tremendous burden lifted off my shoulders.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Chris, I always like your posts, I don't always agree, but I do like your post's.
I think you're right about the fact that you need to take these boats to the ocean, gulf, or great lakes for running "offshore" - even though the argument is still out on whether the great lakes count as "offshore"
Jumping a cruiser wake is about the same as your analogy of the 2x12, milk crate, and a 12 yr. old with a BMX bike (gotta admit I was guilty of that 20 some years ago).
Running these boats in "real" offshore conditions teaches you something about the water.
A little air-time, once, off a cruiser wake is nothing compared to being offshore, reading the "set" of the waves, and driving and throttling into them so that you ride on top. I've been there before also, where you're running in 7+ foot waves, and you find the "set", and then all of a sudden there is no place to go, STUFF. Big wall of water over the bow, soaked to your jockey's.
In my opinion, running offshore is about reading the water, and yes you'll find the air-time. You just have to learn how to handle it.
Where the hell is that video of WARPATH running hard - I feel the need to see that. THAT is offshore.