Fountain 33' Executioner

Notices

Fountain 33' Executioner

Old 09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain 33' Executioner

I'm new to Fountain power boats, and just purchased a 1983 33' Executioner, less motors. My question is the rotation of the motors, (it came with one left rotation prop?). Also missing are one bellhousing, wiring harness, and rear engine mount plates! The current bellhousing looks like it has water connectors?, this is something new to me. Also are wire schematics available? What motors were stock, and what kind of ignition? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Harry
Old 09-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Registered

Fountains came from Excaliburs, Fountain powerboats will work with you on what you had and need. Post pics, what outdrives do you have TRS? Was it big blocks or small blocks? The motors probably were standard rotation just the drive/lower unites were left and right. It really boils down to what you have and pics are the best way to know, your serial number cast into the transom will tell Fountain exactly what they made.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks, we are picking the boat up this weekend. I'll get more info, and pics. This boat was stolen and the motors removed, they tried to steal one TRS outdrive but left it on the ground, the other looks fine. It was a great buy, and looks like it was kept inside most of the time. I couldn't pass it up for $13,260.00 , it looks great in side and out, except the butcher job in the engine compartment.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by smdude
I'm new to Fountain power boats, and just purchased a 1983 33' Executioner, less motors. My question is the rotation of the motors, (it came with one left rotation prop?). Also missing are one bellhousing, wiring harness, and rear engine mount plates! The current bellhousing looks like it has water connectors?, this is something new to me. Also are wire schematics available? What motors were stock, and what kind of ignition? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Harry
Is sounds like you have TRS drives, they came with a transmission inside the boat, bolted to the engine bell housing. The water outlets on the bell housing are probably the trans cooler. The early TRS set ups had a MercTransII with either electric shift or cable shift on the second generation (about 1977). The later version had the Velvet drive trans, this is much stronger and better. The Velvet drive is slightly longer than the MercTransII so the engine location is slightly forward with the Velvet drive.

Both engines should be standard rotation 454's and the opposite rotation of the props/drive is done in the lower unit on one. For that year right rotation would have been on the starboard and the left rotation would be on the port. Later boats are the opposite. You will get better low speed manuverability and docking with the rt/rt & Lft/Lft combination.

If you don't have engines yet check with Scoggins Dickey Chevrolet in Lubboc TX they have killer deals on new crate motors and you can get new 425 hp 454's with hyd roller cam for $5,150 each or less and shipping is about $250. Check model 454 HO These engines are good because they have the pad for an engine driven fuel pump.

The original ignition was Mercury Thunderbolt IV but a GM HEI distributer would work OK.

Good luck on the project. You will love your new Fountain.

David

Last edited by Dkahnjob; 09-13-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks David, I've been fan of Fountain boats for many years, can't believe we are owners now. Looking to have this boat running this coming spring. Many questions, and I know I'll find answers here, what a great forum. Thanks again Harry
Old 09-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the project! I have just the motors you need for that!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jryan26, tell me more about your motors. I do have kids and grandkids I'll need to take to the big lake, so I'm looking for stock motors or so, not to crazy. Thanks Harry
Old 09-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got some carb'd hp500s. With all accessories.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Registered

Welcome to one of the greatest families.... The FOUNTAIN Family, good luck on your project.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Called the factory today, asked if any parts were available for our 1983 10 meter, (motor, drive, cockpit floor insert, anything) they NO. Who would have a Fountain cockpit floor insert and say air insert grilles, hardware etc.

Quick Reply: Fountain 33' Executioner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.