Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
another new guy >

another new guy

Notices

another new guy

Old 02-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i`ve heard alphas will let go its a chunk of change for drives but its on my list of upgrades i`ve got some ideas for set up i found most the pieces here bravo houseing with a set of imco drives, big hit when it`s all done in two
Old 02-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Welcome and good luck on your project. Just don't forget to enjoy it!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome. I looked at the same boat in a 29 once. That speed sounds about right. Do the cheap stuff first. Keep the load light and balanced, try some props, find out about rotation, tune up the motors. Then set a performance goal. Top end, cruising, hole shot, and go from there. Have fun that's a good boat.
c
Old 02-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered

i`ve heard the key to fast old school fountain non stepped in a 29 is to run some nasty small blocks to keep the weight down i just finished my new dash with new autometer gauges when i get back from miami boat show going to up date my rub rail and stripes i`ll get some pics on here soon i`m a small town boat builder so i plan on alot of time to enjoy my ride
Old 02-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered

Don't be ridiculous, you will twist alphas with any reasonable power. Even if you go with conservative big block power, you need bravos at least. With small blocks, bravos would be a better choice as well, simply for durability. I've only owned one Fountain, a 47 Sport Cruiser, with triple 502 EFI's which has been a bulletproof setup. It's not blazingly fast (Low 70's GPS) but it is a phenomenal boat witH 6'3" CABIN HEADROOM and ability to cruise faster than in a car on the interstate, and more room in the cabin than my first apartment.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountain 47 sc
Don't be ridiculous, you will twist alphas with any reasonable power. Even if you go with conservative big block power, you need bravos at least. With small blocks, bravos would be a better choice as well, simply for durability. I've only owned one Fountain, a 47 Sport Cruiser, with triple 502 EFI's which has been a bulletproof setup. It's not blazingly fast (Low 70's GPS) but it is a phenomenal boat witH 6'3" CABIN HEADROOM and ability to cruise faster than in a car on the interstate, and more room in the cabin than my first apartment.
AZZHAT
Old 02-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered

FIRST OFF THE WORD "BOAT" MEANS ALOT OF MONEY BUT IF YOURE INTO IT , AND BUYING A 88 INDICATES THAT YOURE NOT AFFRAID TO GET YOURE HANDS DIRTY , MINUS THE MONEY PIT THING .ITS A LOT OF FUN FIQURING OUT HOW THEESE FLOATING DEVICES ARE PUT TOGETHER ! THERE QUITE BASIC AND MANY THINGS CAN BE DONE IN HOUSE , WITCH WHEN FINISHED ARE SELF SATISFYING IN YOURE RETURN ON YOURE MILLION DOLLARS YOU WILL SPEND GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A GREAT ADVENTURE ROB
Old 02-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

Just don't mismatch power to components, or you will be disgusted with the consequences, especially in a climate like mine where you have only a few months to enjoy and the rest of the year to dream.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

RESEARCH , ITS ALL RIGHT HERE ! ALL YOU NEED AT THE PRESS OF A FINGER . OSO BEST BOOK EVER READ !!

Quick Reply: another new guy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.