Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Arrow check this out.....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=181964
Old 03-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting....not sure if the implications are accurate or not, but still interesting.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow
Old 03-13-2008, 08:09 AM

I think the Baja guys are a little dated with their thread. Right after the Mercury partnership with Fountain, Baja was in town and was being courted by the town of Washington to put a plant on the Pamlico River with a similar set up to Fountain.

I don't think they were able to find a suitable piece of land.

Nothing heard since the initial visit by the Brunswick guys over a year ago, but it was in the paper. My wife's dad is the county attorney so if there was something going on, he'd have heard.

They don't keep many secrets in a small town like Washinton.

Given the state of the economy, why would Brunswick want to take the risk of a new plant. I would think every builder and every dealer are circling the wagons and getting ready for $4 a gallon gas that Wall Street is driving us to.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:33 PM

Okay, so I stand corrected. Something is going down there, but its unknown as to who has approached whom with a proposal. More than likely, its a second round of negotiations for the same proposal from last year that sought to move Baja to NC.

If you think about it, Reggie has always been about seeking more technology or more efficient construction processes. What would be the benefit of dabbling in Baja. The only thing I can think is that Baja has several smaller boat models that over time Fountain has given up. But then what do you do with the boat models that are direct competition with what Fountain already builds?

I don't get it.

Maybe this is Brunswick's attempt to move Baja instead of outright cutting it. They're not going to let anything threaten their market share with SeaRay.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Back4More
wow
wow...is your new avatar.....great pic
Old 03-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Brunswick owns Sea Ray, but also owns Bayliner. Theory is to have each end of the stick, Bayliner being the lower/starter end of things and Sea Ray on the upper end for the buyer willing to spend more for the higher end product. No real competition between the two lines.

Fountain and Baja could be a similiar combo. A few years back it looked like Brunswick would eventually pick up Fountain and follow this same marketing approach. Baja for the lower end/starter performance buyer and Fountain for those willing to spend more for a more advanced product. In reality Baja is the Bayliner of the performance market. Would likely work well no matter who does it, the lines are not in competition for the same buyer. Should be interesting.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-14-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
wow...is your new avatar.....great pic
I noticed too, looks sharp
Old 03-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

I agree Baja is the Bayliner of performance boats. But you get what you pay for and there is quite a bit af price difference.
Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Brunswick owns Sea Ray, but also owns Bayliner. Theory is to have each end of the stick, Bayliner being the lower/starter end of things and Sea Ray on the upper end for the buyer willing to spend more for the higher end product. No real competition between the two lines.

Fountain and Baja could be a similiar combo. A few years back it looked like Brunswick would eventually pick up Fountain and follow this same marketing approach. Baja for the lower end/starter performance buyer and Fountain for those willing to spend more for a more advanced product. In reality Baja is the Bayliner of the performance market. Would likely work well no matter who does it, the lines are not in competition for the same buyer. Should be interesting.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainfevr
I agree Baja is the Bayliner of performance boats. But you get what you pay for and there is quite a bit af price difference.

Not saying that Baja is a POS, just the entry level in this game. For the money they do a decent job.

Quick Reply: check this out.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.