Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08 >

Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Notices

Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Old 03-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so glad I don't know what I'm talking about, thanks for letting me know, I'll exit the stage so your infinite internet knowledge can fill me in.....peace out
Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who cares how much $ Reggie has? He still builds the fastest V-bottoms out there. I had read from a couple places that BAJA had the best tooling/equipment in the industry.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Registered

I too am interested to see how all the cards play out. The only rumors I have heard is the droping of the 190 Islander.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know,,,, i know,,, . the 30 baja's will now be 28 feet,,,,.an so on.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by runwhatchabrung
#2 Mercury is only involved with Fountain because he is so in debt with them, this way they can keep an eye on his spending. They may possibly be looking to use his facility to offset his debt with the brand...????
wasn't it quite apparent at the time that the facility was what merc/brunswick was after in the original bailout terms?
hmmm....
Originally Posted by runwhatchabrung
#3 They haven't owned a raceboat for the last 15 years, yes , the hulls are FLOORPLANNED through a few tight knit dealers and how the finance companies allow this still baffles me......
I dont doubt that...
Old 03-21-2008, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
wasn't it quite apparent at the time that the facility was what merc/brunswick was after in the original bailout terms?
hmmm....

Why don't you go look up the SEC Filings, and stock/insider ownership listings, lots of info there. Brunswick dosen't own controling stock in Fountain now or ever. Has had an "Engine Supply Agreement" for some time that has been renewed now, and an option to purchase stock, including that held by RF personally, to 50.1% level, now extended as well, but can not be exercised till 2012. It's all there in black and white, I would assume the SEC Filing has it pretty close to right.

Brunswick probably wanted the Pamlico site to turn into their new X-Site, fastest chit in the country generally comes off that patch of N.C. soil anyways. Must be the water, like that place down in Bama.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jryan26
Who cares how much $ Reggie has? He still builds the fastest V-bottoms out there. I had read from a couple places that BAJA had the best tooling/equipment in the industry.

Actually I believe the best and most modern tooling equiptment in the marine industry is sitting in the Sea Ray plants. I've been there at sales training and new product meetings, been thru the operations, and the computer aided robotics are just amazing. Most of which has no equal in the industry. This equiptment is mind boggling to watch in operation, does in a matter of minutes what would take a man days to do, and with accuracy within 1-2/1000's of an inch. Sea Ray now has a program which allows them to build a mini version of a new design and actually water test the mini, with the aid of a computer then adjust the design to balance the placement of equiptment, cabinetry and finishes within the boat to insure that it will perform right, before it is ever turned into a full size boat. No more proto types, test and tweek, and months of work to bring the design around to where it needs to be, all done by a computer.

A couple years back Sea Ray was talking to dealers about the return of the Pachanga line, Sea Ray did the design/R&D work and it was to be actually built in the Baja plant, was eventually dropped due to slow down in the perf boat market.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-21-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:58 AM
Registered

It never ceases to amaze and baffle me how many non- Fountain owners troll the Fountain forum and are experts on every part of a Fountain boat. From how to buy them, how they run, to what Reggie is thinking. I guess when you are #1 everybody is gunning for you.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gerritm
I guess when you are #1 everybody is gunning for you.

And one of them is actually pointing a gun at us while he speaks.
[ See post #15 ]
Old 03-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered

I can't wait to hear what the Fountain bashers in my area are going to say. I've been alone in baja land forever.

Quick Reply: Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.