Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08 >

Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Notices

Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Old 03-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quaid24
Does this bother any of you guys with Fountains? I currently own my 2nd Fountain and have always sworn by their boats. Now that RF owns Baja, it seems like a step in the wrong direction. Why would such a superior manufacturer want to own something so inferior? A Baja to me is just a cheap hot rod with no focus on quality. When I first heard about the acquisition, it make me want to puke, then sell my Fountain. They’re supposed to call it "Baja by Fountain"!

Oops, I just threw up on my keyboard!!
Inferior, Oh I beg to differ with you on that one, nothing inferior about my 33. We dont like it much neither I can tell ya that, but it is what it is. Your superior brand had to borrow just to stay afloat and sales are in the crapper, stock is what now a buck 70, oh its up 3c today, your obviously narrowminded and young and mis-informed. I believe your mfg. doesnt live in any glass house, so watch how you cast your stones. Oh, you may need an adult to explain that one to you. (i.e. no warranty issues)
Old 03-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW Fastoys,

I sell high-end electronics for a living. Our products cost much more than our competitors. We make more money when we sell them; that’s why we carry them. However, there is a manufacturer’s product that is 40% less and is superior to our brand. People buy our stuff based on perception. It cost more, therefore it's better. It makes them feel good because they can afford the more expensive product. They fail to do the research because it’s has a high-end name. We’re talking about highly educated people here (mainly doctors.)

Fountains are less expensive, so you perceive them as entry level. Basically it shows your ignorance. Please don't confuse this with stupidity because I'm not calling you that. You just have a lack of knowledge that’s all. You'll come around if you choose to open your eyes. Until then, you’ll just spend money foolishly.

Secondly…I don’t read Cigarette’s forums and bash you guys, so we would appreciate the same respect in return.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered

in·fe·ri·or
1. lower in station, rank, degree, or grade
2. lower in place or position; closer to the base

By definition my friend
Old 03-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Registered

BTW Fastoys,

Fountains(Baja's) are less expensive, so you perceive them as entry level. Basically it shows your ignorance. Please don't confuse this with stupidity because I'm not calling you that. You just have a lack of knowledge that’s all. You'll come around if you choose to open your eyes. Until then, you’ll just spend money foolishly.

Secondly…I don’t read Cigarette’s forums and bash you guys, so we would appreciate the same respect in return.
From your own puked on keyboard, they may be referred to entry level as far as offshore racing is perceived, but not inferior.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Registered

So basically what you're saying is you spend less for a Baja, yet they're a higher grade when compared to Fountain's?

Interesting....
Old 03-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Registered

So basically what you're saying is you spend less for a Baja, yet they're a higher grade when compared to Fountain's?

Interesting....
I am not go waste my time tit for tat with you, and fall into your level of childhood games, if thats your perception then go for it. Obviously Capt America didnt feel they were an inferior product to bring into the fold and help upright the ship, and he plans on keeping 55% of the current models.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=31

Try this.

Last edited by Quaid24; 03-27-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered

who cares, anything that floats is fun.

Reggie is not stupid, I think he knows more than us.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Does this bother any of you guys with Fountains? I currently own my 2nd Fountain and have always sworn by their boats. Now that RF owns Baja, it seems like a step in the wrong direction. Why would such a superior manufacturer want to own something so inferior? A Baja to me is just a cheap hot rod with no focus on quality. When I first heard about the acquisition, it make me want to puke, then sell my Fountain. They’re supposed to call it "Baja by Fountain"!

Oops, I just threw up on my keyboard!!
I have a lot of freinds with Fountains and a lot with Baja's. Fountain makes a very nice product but it is not perfect nor is any other brand. Everyones needs, price point, and taste in styling is different and that is why there are so many different brands.

I am just glad that our friends with Fountains have more class then you or they would not be friends.

Everyone here on this board enjoys the same thing "Boating" as fast as they can afford to. It really shows who you are when you have to come on a bash a brand which is the same as bashing the people that chose that brand and enjoy it.

Good luck with your high end products, I guess there is a sucker born everyday.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Registered

I have owned both brands. Baja is a good starter performance boat. It gives a lot of value for the money. Has many excellent qualities. You definitely get your moneys worth. Fountain is a step up in quality and performance. There is nothing wrong with comparing a Camaro to a Corvette. Both do the same thing, but one does it better. Arguing about which is entry and which is not, is pointless. Is Cig, OL, and Nortec more of a custom boat. Yes. Also much more expensive. I priced them all and bought the Fountain. they build less than 1/2 of the number that fountain builds and are much more along the custom line.. Great boats, but you pay for them. Keep in mind that whether you like Reggie or his boats you have to give the company and the man props because he is first on race day. That tells you alot about what he builds. Hopefully all will work out for fans of both boats. I think there is room for everyone on the water.

Quick Reply: Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.