Need HELP getting on plane..any ideas?? >

Need HELP getting on plane..any ideas??

Notices

Need HELP getting on plane..any ideas??

Old 05-28-2008, 07:52 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup....tabs and drive 100% down. 1/2 throttle till nose drops, then start picking up the tabs, and backing off throttle....then start picking up drive to 3-3.5 try a b1 also.....26p these are not fast planning boats.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

New motor, drive off, check the location of the plastic insert in the tail of the drive that locates the trim ram thru pin. The insert can be put in two ways, if located to the front, near the transom, of the oval hole it will allow more "in trim". Very easy to mess this up, simple to check and move if need be. Pin needs to be at the rear of the oval hole. to get max in trim on the drive. Can make a huge difference on some boats.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 05-28-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
I had a 27 Hydro on my 27 last week..No problem ..And I never put a trim tab down all day..Planed off easily without full throttle. Also make sure you new motor is timed right.

Well you had a real good one!!! How's that working out for you so far?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Well you had a real good one!!! How's that working out for you so far?
Bow Lift ! I need bow lift !

Brett and I are working on the solution. I turned the 27 at 5100 RPMs though..

Hydros need a step hull..I tink. we are going to try a stock b1 and go from there..next week......
Chad
Old 05-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Registered

First of all I want to thank you all for the info, the Hydro 26 does not have the difuser ring and it is not Labed, to tell you the truth I did not put the tabs down all the way because it seemed to slow the boat down and not help pull the bow down or lift the stern, when the RPM get above 2,800 the engine starts to build torque and then will push the boat over the hump, on the way over the hump you must trim out fast or she will blow out bad, it would be nice to have a little slipage on take off and then lock up on top, I would think a 5 blade would reduce slip and make the hole shot worse, once on plane the boat will run 79+ with 3- 180lb. people and 3/4 tank 5400 RPM and a little throttle left, I know the time to plane will never be good but this is vary bad. By the way I have a Baja too with no complaints on hole shot
Old 05-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 27 would play like hell trying to get on plane with the tabs up. Have to be fully down. Especially with riders, no way around it. As the boat climbs over the hump, start raising the tabs and backing off the throttle to keep it from blowing out. If you wait till on plane before raising the tabs, then she'll bury it's nose. After you get on plane, then you can raise the drive, adjust the tabs and take the throttle up. Sounds involved, but becomes automatic after you get the technique down.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:59 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

try a box stock b1....26 or 28 pitch. drive and tabs all the way down.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by beegeebaja
First of all I want to thank you all for the info, the Hydro 26 does not have the difuser ring and it is not Labed,
Is this prop LH or RH?
Old 05-29-2008, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to put the Tabs all the way down on a 27 Fever, drive all the way in. The X dim on the Fountain is shallower than your BAJA, thus more top end but hard to plane. I got my 2001 500efi 27 Fever on plane with 12 people on board one weekend, but I would never suggest anyone else doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WILL
Old 05-29-2008, 10:31 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
You have to put the Tabs all the way down on a 27 Fever, drive all the way in. The X dim on the Fountain is shallower than your BAJA, thus more top end but hard to plane. I got my 2001 500efi 27 Fever on plane with 12 people on board one weekend, but I would never suggest anyone else doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WILL
that would suck....i dont like the feel of the boat with more than 4 or 5 people in it.

Quick Reply: Need HELP getting on plane..any ideas??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.