Is This As Fast As It'll Go? >

Is This As Fast As It'll Go?

Notices

Is This As Fast As It'll Go?

Old 06-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shotoutracing
Thanks for the input, Carder. I tried a 3 blade once before but it blew it out. Also, I'm pretty sure the new XR drive is set up the same height as the old drive. It's 5 1/2 X dimension.

BTW: nice boat! We boat up in Bay City also and saw you over Memorial Day Weekend. We have the fountain with the blue flames on it.
The X dimension you are refering to, is that propshaft to bottom?
I have a -93, my propshaft is 4 1/2" below the lowest point of the hull, my came with a Mach sterndriver 4 blade. I beleive most -92īs came with Mirage props.
80mph seems slow for the hp you are running.
Have you checked the bottom for a hook?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! That does seem slow. Sounds like you need a serious dialing in to me. Perhaps badluck is onto something! Have you tried a bigger prop and tried trimming it up? I'm still in the setting up stage with my Pachanga. My mechanic had it up to somerwhere around 84 on GPS and I'm sure I have no more than 650! That was around 5400RPM's.(He said there was more left!)My Pachanga with quite a bit less HP loves trim with a high X. From what I understand...HP/HP your fountain should do as much or more than mine with the same HP.

I am patiently waiting on him ta get mine outta the shop! It's getting twin ram full Hydraulic steering, headers, and tabs. I'll not push him because he does excellent work and stands behind what he does. Then it's into testing props(am definately giving BBlades a chance!). I screwed up the prop(labbed 30 Bravo) that he was in the mid 80's with. Before I put it in the shop after I had the Bravo 30 brought back to stock it would only do 78 on GPS.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply Bad Luck. I used a straight edge and checked the hull for a hook; no hook in hull. Thanks.

Todd
Old 06-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply Pachange. I have already tried a bigger prop on it. I have to trim it to the moon; doesn't handle that good trimmed up that far and isn't any faster either. Just not sure. Thanks for the input.

Todd
Old 06-01-2008, 08:35 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

You seem to have exhausted your propeller supply. I would say its time to move the X up.....try a $horty.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

Sounds about right for a flat bottom. Might get 2-3 with dialing in props.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Registered

Talk to Jim V. he runs a 27 at the LOTO shoot out, and he's right up there in the triple digit mark. He looks pretty loose, but he's done it year in and year out.
I had a 95, 27 Fever, pro charged HP 500 with an IMCO polished shorty on it, and it would hit 85, but scared the chit out of me.
So you've got some room left, good luck, and be safe.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinkin' it's the stepped bottom that gets the extra 3-4MPH. I got a 92 w a blown 502. Roller cam, rockers ,JE Blower pistons 6 lbs of boost...High 6's maybe 700 Hp.. The best ever has been 77 with the wind and perfect chop..Mine runs 73 - 75 on normal calm water..

I'm starting out with another prop as well.The bottom of my baot has no cracks but looks pretty wavey along the bottom. I'm sure were loosing a couple there too..But I think low 80's is it w/o the step .Unless you have a blower 2 carbs headers and burn lots of gas.

I have 1 dominator and it uses little fuel, probably could do better w 2 carbs.. But with gas....Were still not going to beat that damn tunnel w the 2 2.5 Merc efi's no mater what we do.But we have all the comforts of home.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:33 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

arneson!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered

Todd,
We did see you Memorial Weekend...Still too cold to play @ the Bay City State Park Sandbar, tho.
I would give a larger 3 blade a try, for top end gains. BBlades has some, I'm sure.
Is your rev limiter set at the 5600 mark or the 6200 mark?
If it is set too low, that is your limiting variable.
Carder

Quick Reply: Is This As Fast As It'll Go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.