need ignition help

Notices

need ignition help

Old 06-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need ignition help

Heres the scoop, I have a 98 fever with twin 454's. I had to replace one of the ingnition switches, I had to take both ignitions out bc the bad one was on top of the other. Now I cant seem to get the new one and the other wired back in right. I can get both motors to crank but they wont fire up. One thing I have noticed also is the alarm does not chirp at me when I turn the key on. So I am thinking I prolly dont have something exactly right with the wiring. I also do not here the fuel pumps come on when I turn the key so I know something is causing them not to send fuel. Yes I have checked the kill switch it is fine. Does anybody have any advice to what I should do next????? All dealers around here are three weeks out from being able to look at it and I know this has to be something simple.....
Old 06-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered

Take a plug wire off each motor and lay it on the intake and crank the engines, if it sparks then you have fire, it sounds like you don't. I was in a hurry putting my dash back in and forgot to put the yellow wire back onto the back of the switch and my starboard did the exact same thing. Also, make sure you didn't put the yellow wire back on the wrong pole on the back of the switch because I think thats the same as leaving it off. Hope that helps.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:45 PM
MM1
Registered

The wires are in the wrong position. The red wire with battery power goes on the terminal marked "B" The purple wire goes on terminal marked "I" and the yellow wire goes on the terminal marked "S". Hope this helps
Old 06-13-2008, 05:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MM1
The wires are in the wrong position. The red wire with battery power goes on the terminal marked "B" The purple wire goes on terminal marked "I" and the yellow wire goes on the terminal marked "S". Hope this helps
what he said!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Thank U So Much For The Help

Originally Posted by MM1
I hooked up all the wires like you said and it fired right up, you relieved much stress and frustration. Dont know where you are from but if you are ever in Oklahoma City or anywhere in OK look me up, I owe ya a drink. Thanks again!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 PM
MM1
Registered

Originally Posted by nick9671
I hooked up all the wires like you said and it fired right up, you relieved much stress and frustration. Dont know where you are from but if you are ever in Oklahoma City or anywhere in OK look me up, I owe ya a drink. Thanks again!
Southern ca. its a long way to go for a beer but thank you.
Matt