Comments about Fountain Power boats >

Comments about Fountain Power boats

Notices

Comments about Fountain Power boats

Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments about Fountain Power boats

I was reading the jury verdict and how Outerlimits protested a race etc. etc. I have read around other forums about fountain this and that, beakers, Reggie this Reggie that. In the end its funny because, just like the U.S. swim team beating the French, and just like the Kansas Jayhawks taking the National Championship (some call them Beakers Too).

The only thing any of these folks have to do is stand quietly and be proud, no trash talk needed cause in the case of Boat racing and swimming, what happens on the water says it all.

I have liked Fountains for a very long time now, only driven 1 but it sure was fun. (27 Fever). You know I was thumbing throught the classified the other day and I think top speeds should be listed on every classified add for a fountain. GPS or Radar. Kind of like a Pride thing,, even if the boat only goes 60. I guess some jerk would try to hold a guys feet to the fire though if something gave way a day after purchase.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i have owned a few different boat's " donzi, sonic, pantera, baja, fountain . i would say all the boat's i have listed here were great boat's some better then other's for different use's.
all depend's on what you use the boat for . custom boat's are not alway's better then production boat's . i have had both type's so i can say this from experence .
if you buy a strip boat with nothing in the cabin that will be your best rough water boat " as far as not breaking stuff "
not saying the biger boat wont handle better but if there is stuff in the cabin it will break when you hit a 6 foot roller .
most of these real fast boat's " 120mph+ " are made to run that speed but can only do this in flat water like a lake . they are one purpose boat's . so with that said it all depend's on were and how you boat .
i have a fountain now and it is built just as good as any custom boat i had , i can also say that about the 35 baja i had .
but you will get hater's out there that will just rag on production boat's . " i dont care what they think as long as i like it and it fit's my need's .
mike
Old 08-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Registered

Default My experience

My experience with runabouts and family ski boats etc. is of similar experience to you but I could really see a difference between the Mariah boat I had and the Cobal I have. As a matter of fact, I'm not so sure that my 1970 mark twain wasn't a better built boat than the Mariah. Mariah was nice but I had a lot of problems with the rigging ( Fuel vent, fuel tank, fuel pump, throttle/shift control , water in the fuel, Hard starting problems) It got to where I finally got so fed up with the **** I sold it. Just plain and simple fed up with all the problems. I would have kept the Mark Twain but the stern drive and mechanicals around it were so old I was spending 500 dollars every time I turned around. I bought the Mariah to get away from the problems and again more problems. I blamed it on Mercruiser mostly and went with a Volvo set up with my Cobalt. Now the cobalt was 2 years old when I got it compared to 3 years old for the Mariah, but hands down its a much much better boat. The Volvo setup has been outstanding as well.

I guess you get what you pay for and with the boats you have experience with its obvious the higher end boats have held up really well.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There fast

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been running performance boats for 17 years and I believe Fountains are always one step ahead of the other boat manufacturers when it comes to research and design.Others like Formula, Cigarette,and Sonic just keep chasing but never catch up. You can see that with the notched transom then steps and raised x dimensions. It takes years for these companys to copy and make their own advances. Not that these others don't build great boats but they are followers in the speed advances.Thats my $.05
Old 08-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member

I have owned high performance boats for over 40 years. The current Fountain that I have has the best build quality and attention to detail of any boat that I have ever had. It is not perfect, and there have been a few thing that I revised, but overall the quality and attention to detail is excellent. The boats performance speaks for itself. My next boat will certainly be another Fountain.
David
Old 08-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Registered

Default Raymonds LOTO Reggie

FYI Reggie will be at Raymonds over the Shootout weekend.

while I love my Cobalt, if I were to ever buy an offshore boat , while I know others are very good, it will be a Fountain.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Registered

And, Raymonds isn't too far by land from the Shootout.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

Its all about winning!! And thats what Fountain knows how to do better and longer than anyone else. There is just not much more you need to say about their performance.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My first boat was a 25 Checkmate Convincor w/454. Nice boat, ran 66MPH. Later installed a 502 and got 70MPH. Sold it and bought a 24 Fountain, hated it although it ran 80 plus with 502. Later sold it, bought a 1995 29 with twin 502s and love it. Still have it and now with some upgrades it runs 93, up from the 88 at the factory. When I picked it up I was astounded that all of the screws on the bump rail were turned the same way, I notice things like that. I was sold on the quality of everything and now also have a 38 w/ staggered 700s. Total 1 Checkmate and 5 Fountains to date. Roger

Quick Reply: Comments about Fountain Power boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.