Poor time to sell

Notices

Poor time to sell

Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor time to sell

This is hard for me to sell my boat as it is because of my financial issues. I have spent the last 3 years rebuilding and updating it to be an extremely reliable, fast and structural boat. I realize I need to take a fairly large hit on it, but when I add up all of the equity I have in it ($160+) it is hard to let go. Antway, could you guys let me know if I am in the appropriate range of selling it. It needs to happen fairly soon.
Thanks for any input.
Bruce
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o24815-en.html
Old 08-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

No doubt about it, that is priced to sell - and if it runs well it's worth every penny.

Nice updated boat - rock solid hull - bet it's a wave crusher.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

seems reasonnable to me when you think of the invested $ in engines... but I doubt unfortunatly that it'll sell fast... older and big engines may scare a few so they'll pay thinking they'll have to rebuid the engine soon or something like that...

Unless you have THE right guy looking for this exact set-up...

Good luck keep us posted!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

I wouldn't be one bit afraid of these engines judging by the bilge floor that you could eat off of! You keep it maintained perfect. Priced to sell. Very nice ride. I too had to sell both boats it is a sign of the times it will eventually come around again and you will get another. Good luck with the sale.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks for the feedback, it is an awesome boat and trust me when I say I wish I didn't have to sell it. There are not too many boats that run high 90's and can do it with only 2 fingers on the wheel. (not that I do) it is a complete wave crusher.
Originally Posted by BruceK
This is hard for me to sell my boat as it is because of my financial issues. I have spent the last 3 years rebuilding and updating it to be an extremely reliable, fast and structural boat. I realize I need to take a fairly large hit on it, but when I add up all of the equity I have in it ($160+) it is hard to let go. Antway, could you guys let me know if I am in the appropriate range of selling it. It needs to happen fairly soon.
Thanks for any input.
Bruce
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o24815-en.html
Old 08-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool boat. Like the set up. Good luck with it.

Just so you know though. There was a 2006 42 fountain with custom paint and whippled 525's @ 700+HP, 40 hours that sold for 180K within the last couple weeks.

That guy was hating life worse I think.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzilla
I wouldn't be one bit afraid of these engines judging by the bilge floor that you could eat off of! You keep it maintained perfect. Priced to sell. Very nice ride. I too had to sell both boats it is a sign of the times it will eventually come around again and you will get another. Good luck with the sale.
you sold them both CONGRATS !!...had to be an extremely sad day. they say the 2 happiest days of a mans life are the day he buys his boat and the day he sells it...i agree with the buying part, but was never happy to sell any of my boats
Old 08-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered

Afountain that crushes waves?...Must be ripples!!! HA

Nice Boat..........

for a Fountain..Good luck; its brutal out there!
Old 08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Looks like a deal for someone who wants a 40
Old 08-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
you sold them both CONGRATS !!...had to be an extremely sad day. they say the 2 happiest days of a mans life are the day he buys his boat and the day he sells it...i agree with the buying part, but was never happy to sell any of my boats
Hey bernie,
Sitting on a big realestate note got to pull back as a caution
4000 sg ft bayfront don't come cheap on LBI. Still have an 01 low mile corvette convertible needs to move also. I refuse to part with any other toys. I am okay with selling the boats still have the donzi minx. You should have bought the fountain I gave it away.

Quick Reply: Poor time to sell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.