Shogren poor ending >

Shogren poor ending

Notices

Shogren poor ending

Old 10-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Dave,

You bought a new boat and lost money (maybe more than your expected). The new boat was delivered damaged by another dealer. You sold a boat back to the dealer for wholesale money and the dealer backcharged you for repairs/cleanup. You seem to be upset at the dealer for issues he fixed with your money but the issues stemmed from other vendors (Pier 57, Myco, CMI).

Why is Shogren the bad guy here? I have read worse stories on how a dealer did the customer wrong but in this case it just looks like a customer was unhappy with the product/ pricing issues.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 800XCR
As an original owner and unhappy with CMI header quality, why didn't you take it up with the CMI? Call them and ask them how many hours are required to pass reliability on Mercury product and we'll see if I'm full of $hit or not.

To your benefit, I concur with your analysis of Scott's email on the header repair, but agree with him on your stirring $hit up and if you can dish it out, should be prepared for some in return. You seem to be a resident expert and am surprised that you put yourself in this position, let alone publicly acknowledge it.

WI is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere south of highway 8. Might as well stay in IL and make twice the wages.

My concern with this scenario is that you didn't take your issues up when they occurred and appear to be doing it now out of spite. You truly seem knowledgable enough to have helped yourself and prevented or at least stopped the situation from getting worse. Now we, the general public have heard part of two sides and still don't know the truth or why.
My concern with this scenario is that you didn't take your issues up when they occurred and appear to be doing it now out of spite. You truly seem knowledgable enough to have helped yourself and prevented or at least stopped the situation from getting worse

I agree 100% with this statement. Not to bash Downtown but no one gives 100% marks across the board of a survey if they were unhappy with the transaction and the service afterwords. To go on a public forum and say you lied on the survey about the service destroys credibility.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Dave,

You bought a new boat and lost money (maybe more than your expected). The new boat was delivered damaged by another dealer. You sold a boat back to the dealer for wholesale money and the dealer backcharged you for repairs/cleanup. You seem to be upset at the dealer for issues he fixed with your money but the issues stemmed from other vendors (Pier 57, Myco, CMI).

Why is Shogren the bad guy here? I have read worse stories on how a dealer did the customer wrong but in this case it just looks like a customer was unhappy with the product/ pricing issues.

I was waiting for somone to bring this up.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:38 PM

Dave,

Now do you see why I was so pissed at that sorry excuse for a deaqlership!!!!

Scott does not know when to keep his mouth shut when bad mouthing his customers!! You never know when he is talking to someone who knows the person he is bad mouthing!!! I also think and know that Shogrens does not really know what the truth is!!!! maybe so caught up their own lies they think they are the truth...
Old 10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

I thought the Indian from 'One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest' died of scleroderma several years ago.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Shameless
Dave,

Now do you see why I was so pissed at that sorry excuse for a deaqlership!!!!

Scott does not know when to keep his mouth shut when bad mouthing his customers!! You never know when he is talking to someone who knows the person he is bad mouthing!!! I also think and know that Shogrens does not really know what the truth is!!!! maybe so caught up their own lies they think they are the truth...
I agree with you they pissed me off before on some posts, AND DT42 I feel sorry for you. you should NEVER let them take your boat out for a test run with out you being there. and if there was a bug troubles why did you or them not see it at the docks. I know I will never do anything with them to many bad posts here it seams. did you buy another boat yet AT has a nice boat in the 33/37/40 I think you should check them out, you won't have to worry about stress cracks like on most fountains I have seen in NE out in oceans off of mass RI NASTY WATER. WELL GOOD LUCK OH its funny how the boats sit and once you cave in its gone weeks.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=AIR TIME;2723498] you should NEVER let them take your boat out for a test run with out you being there.

Ditto on that BIG Daddy
Old 10-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry, we never took it for a test run

Sorry, we never took Daves boat for a test run, we ran it on the hose with Dave and his wife standing right there next to it when the noise was identified and water was noticed in oil, it came as much a surprise to Dave and his wife as it did ourselves.

Regards,

Team Shogren

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I agree with you they pissed me off before on some posts, AND DT42 I feel sorry for you. you should NEVER let them take your boat out for a test run with out you being there. and if there was a bug troubles why did you or them not see it at the docks. I know I will never do anything with them to many bad posts here it seams. did you buy another boat yet AT has a nice boat in the 33/37/40 I think you should check them out, you won't have to worry about stress cracks like on most fountains I have seen in NE out in oceans off of mass RI NASTY WATER. WELL GOOD LUCK OH its funny how the boats sit and once you cave in its gone weeks.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:21 PM
gcoffshore.com
Platinum Member

We had an Great dealing with Shogren when we bought our 35 and I have had a few bad dealing on other boats we will use them again for sure. Just wanted to add my thoughts !
Old 10-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

i have not bought a boat from scott but i have met him and know he is a straight up guy. i am sure if there was a problem he let you know. i guess the old saying [ you can't please everyone all the time ] is true.

Quick Reply: Shogren poor ending

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.