Fountain out of business??? >

Fountain out of business???

Notices

Fountain out of business???

Old 02-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Dealers have been spreading so much crap nowadays, you'd think they were in sales or something

I've heard of at least a dozen major boatmakers that are going under soon. As of now, none have. I'll just wait and see. If Fountain survives with their debt load, most anyone with a pulse can.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Many rumors are being bandied about, even by dealers on the floors of shows these days. Some of the names are pretty huge, and it does nobody any good to throw this type of stuff into the rumor pits. It's far worse out there than many realize, but at least give the brands a chance for survival, or to hold onto their swords until the battle ends.
Spoken with the fairness of a noble warrior, similar to when Ernest Borgnine in the Viking movie was allowed to keep his sword while being forced to jump to his death into a pit of man-eating dogs. Nearly all boat manufacturers, especially performance, are cutting costs and fighting to survive like any warrior...
Old 02-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've heard about a couple of biggies that might be gone by this month. Rumors, but apparently very solid ones. It's a sad time for the business, and even sadder for the workers and families involved.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VtSteve
I've heard about a couple of biggies that might be gone by this month. Rumors, but apparently very solid ones. It's a sad time for the business, and even sadder for the workers and families involved.
i hear this. i own an hvac company. i had 20 guys in the feild less then a year ago. im down to 13 now, and im laying off 2 more this week. we are fighting to survive. i havent slept threw the night since i figured out i had to lay off more men. its the worst feeling in the world, i hate to do it, but i cant afford to use up all my work. im letting a secritery go as well. cant have more office staff then installers.
its very bad out there right now, and thanks to our new leader things seem to be getting worse and worse but once i get my extra $13 a week, all should be better. NOT!!!

oh well. im glad this was just a rumor as you hate to see one of the good ones go belly up
Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
I was told yesterday that they closed there doors. i was told this from a baja dealer at the boston boat show. any truth to this?? i hope not. and if it is true, will it effect baja?
March 2009 Publication of Soundings Trade Only magazine pages 18 & 19 article " Three companies post quarterly losses" Brunswick -42% 4th qt, MarineMax -53%, Fountain -61% 2nd qt. It goes on to say that Fountain stock will be suspended from trading on NYSE Alternext US, the successor to the American Stock Exchange.
My humble option: Fountain will survive one way or another.
Loans ? Chapter 11 ? or whatever it takes.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered

I am having a windshield built at the fountain factory. We just recieved it from the shipper and it was damaged. I called Fountain for a number of reasons. One: the damage Two: it took 4 weeks to build and they told me two weeks. During the conversation they said the factory was closed for two weeks and was thinking of closing for another two weeks. I would guess they are like the car industry they have way to much inventory. I requested that I bring the boat to the factory and let them repair the windshield and install it. the Fountain person said he was going to get with bryan and call me back. Give me a couple of days and i will tell you the out come.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fountain is NOT going out of business!!!!

Fountain is NOT going out of business and the factory was not closed for two weeks. Production was shout down for a few days before MIAMI thru MIAMI and a few days after. Production is being turned back on Monday 3/2 and there are 30 approved builds which gets them thru April. Reggie does more than just build Fountain and now Baja's, he CONSTANTLY stimulates the indusrty (good or bad) which his competitors need as well. It's tough out their for all right now, no one is setting the world on fire and most every industry is affected by this economy. Don't forget Fountain is near or more than 50% of Mercury Racing motor sales and means alot to Mercury outboard division so Fountain & Baja will be around along time, no one will let the brand die. There are alot more MFG's that are and should be more concerned. Going private sooner that later for Reggie will be the best thing but it takes time.

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Fountain & Baja By Fountain
Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered

Fountain called me back and has agreed to make everything rite. They are going to install the windshield and do some other things. They were very nice about everything. I agree with scott at shogren Fountain is alive and well.
when they finish with everything I will let you know the out come.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:29 PM

Well said Scott,

Fountain is a great company, BTW need to check out the 42 with Ilmor and arnesons!!!! That is one bad biteh.

As for some other boat companies, ???????????

WILL
Old 02-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered

I doubt Reggie would let his work of his life go down the drain... Fountain HAVE TO exist.

Erik

Quick Reply: Fountain out of business???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.