Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
35' fountain 525's 91.1gps stock. anyone faster.. >

35' fountain 525's 91.1gps stock. anyone faster..

Notices

35' fountain 525's 91.1gps stock. anyone faster..

Old 04-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Mine will "beep" at me in some chop with the 32 Bravos on as well, the over-rev is, so I'm told, wired into the alarm. Took a few times to figure out what was going on, yo do some frantic gauge scanning the first couple times it goes off.

This TS 35 is one he!! of a boat, I'm really loving this one. I saw 94 last spring, problem is that once you see it you want it all the time and even more. Still working on that deal. I'm willing to spend the money to play with the props, just flat refuse to dick with the engines, I've seen friends go that route and spend piles of money only to find themselves broke. For me it's not worth it any more. BBlades is making some more changes to the 5 blades right now, we'll see where that goes. Then we've talked about trying some different things with the Bravos as well.
I use JMS Jones Marine ( Brian Jones ). He \wants me to send the motor control boxes to get re-programed.. about $300. ea. tells me that they can lean out the gas ...he believes that I am running rich. I've got 180 hours on this 04 lighting.. Are you running 90 on any given day, hot/cold/humid ? Or were the gods good that day ?

I run 88 plus any day..full tank, full load and hot 80 'Z+f, 91.1 top.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Glenn
I use JMS Jones Marine ( Brian Jones ). He \wants me to send the motor control boxes to get re-programed.. about $300. ea. tells me that they can lean out the gas ...he believes that I am running rich. I've got 180 hours on this 04 lighting.. Are you running 90 on any given day, hot/cold/humid ? Or were the gods good that day ?

I run 88 plus any day..full tank, full load and hot 80 'Z+f, 91.1 top.

Pretty much at the 90 mark most days. Plus or minus a little, seems to be based more on water condition than weather. It does not like flat water, likes it better when the chop gets bigger. I hope the new prop program will make low 90's the every day norm for this season, time will tell. Honestly though, any boat that runs 90 +- on stock hassle free power is not hard to live with.

I understand that Whipple has a program for the 525's that changes the fuel and timing curves and ups the rev limiter that adds some 50 - 70 hp. Draw back is it requires you to run 93 octane and there just are not many marinas around us that sell it. Getting the fuel would be a PIA at times so I don't think that is where I want to go right now. Just going to keep working on the perfect props for now.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Pretty much at the 90 mark most days. Plus or minus a little, seems to be based more on water condition than weather. It does not like flat water, likes it better when the chop gets bigger. I hope the new prop program will make low 90's the every day norm for this season, time will tell. Honestly though, any boat that runs 90 +- on stock hassle free power is not hard to live with.

I understand that Whipple has a program for the 525's that changes the fuel and timing curves and ups the rev limiter that adds some 50 - 70 hp. Draw back is it requires you to run 93 octane and there just are not many marinas around us that sell it. Getting the fuel would be a PIA at times so I don't think that is where I want to go right now. Just going to keep working on the perfect props for now.

The speedo is Livorsi GPS with a needle gauge, no digital reading w/ tattle tell switch. this is showing 93 +- WOT, however I have a Lowrance installed that read 91.1. Are you getting a digital reading? Here's a suggestion on flat water WOT...rock your steering back and forth about a quarter turn quickly .. ( not enough to change your heading ) this will ventilate the back meter or so of the hull thereby getting more lift