Boat Covers Direct >

Boat Covers Direct

Notices

Boat Covers Direct

Old 05-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Covers Direct

I needed a new cover for my 1992 35 lightning. Yes I said lightning because it was a lightning when I bought it. I know they became classics and then executioners but it was a lightning then and it still is now. So I ordered a cover from boat covers direct. I ordered it on Monday morning 4/27 and chose to expedite for the extra $30. I received it on Friday 5/1. So I thought that was pretty quick. I ordered the 03-09 executioner in the 8 oz performance poly guard in haze gray.
I cut the shrinkwrap off the boat yesterday and put the new cover on. It fit perfect. The color is a little weird. Not quite the color gray I was expecting but my old covers were black and the boat used to get very hot under them. So I went with the gray like the original cover that came from fountain. Hopefully it will be a little cooler now. Anyway I just wanted to let anybody who is interested know that it fits great. It has a 5 year warranty so hopefully it will last. The price was a ton cheaper that having the local shop make me one. The last cover I had made was about 8 years ago and it cost me $800 for the cockpit cover and another $800 for a bow cover. They lasted quite a few years but I had to rewater proof them a couple of times and I finally gave up. This cover fits over the entire boat and about 12 to 18 inches down each side. So no more bird poop on the swim platform.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Registered

I bought my full cover from them. It fits and works great. Heavy duty, made it thru hurricane Ike.

http://www.boatcoversdirect.com/
Old 05-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Im Ordering A Red Cover For My 42 Its A 98 They Only List 03 Up Whats Up W That.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered

Mines a 1992 but they didn't list models back that far. They only listed 03-09 so that is what I picked. It was the same hull. They have renamed it a few times but it's the same boat. I'm sure your 1998 is still made just under a different name. The new version has the raised windsheild. I'm not sure what year that came out but I think it was after 2000 sometime. The old style have the lower tinted windsheild. i believe yours is the older style which is the same as mine. So you would want the FOUNTAIN 42 EXECUTIONER (07-09). If you have the newer style then you need the(07-09) lightning. By the way I stayed at a holiday in express last night.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
Im Ordering A Red Cover For My 42 Its A 98 They Only List 03 Up Whats Up W That.
Hey Johnny I got a blue one from them a year ago. It fits great, mine is a 2000 with the tall windshield, less than $500!!
Is yours a lightning or executioner windshield?
Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Registered

Call them if you have any questions. Mine is an '05 Ex and I wasn't real sure which one to buy. They were very helpful.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I ordered one back in September of 2003 when I took delivery of my '04.
Needless to say today the cover is still in fantastic shape and does not let the elements in - rain included.
Great service - I have one for my Grady White as well, same deal.
So they are built for the longevity for sure, you will not be disapointed.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

does anyone have a picture of their cover on their boat that they could show us? THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Registered

I'll take a picture and post it tonight. i don't have a clue if I can or how to post but I'll give it a shot.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Registered

yeah, i would like to see also....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.