Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
The Dirty Girl LIVES!  PROJECT DONE!! >

The Dirty Girl LIVES! PROJECT DONE!!

Notices

The Dirty Girl LIVES! PROJECT DONE!!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Dirty Girl LIVES! PROJECT DONE!!

Hahaha,

So, many of you may know that I have been working on putting my boat back together for the past 18 months or so. To make a long story short I purchased it thinking it had two fresh motors and needed little work and found that the only thing that did not need work was the stringers and hull! If anyone knows a Peice of Sh** from Rochester NY named Ron and he has a GLASS eye, slap it out of his ugly head for me.

The boat was out for the first time tonight for a test run....all I can say is AWESOME. What a smooth ride, such a great feeling to get this thing going that I almost forgot about all the BS I went through.

I purchased the boat in Feb of last year under the impression that I needed to buy exhaust, new cables, guages, and a steering wheel. Here is a quick list of what was done............
  1. New dash
  2. guages and bezels
  3. steering wheel
  4. throttle
  5. all new cables
  6. helm
  7. toggles, rockers, wiring,
  8. all new interior, bolsters, carpet, cover, etc
  9. twin 454 hydrolic roller motors
  10. custom ground cam
  11. new holly carbs
  12. new fuel system
  13. gill exhaust
  14. also stock merc exhaust for extra
  15. new oil coolers
  16. new fuel pumps
  17. sea strainers
  18. exhaust tips
  19. bellows, berings, TRS drives and trans rebuilt
  20. all new water hose and lines
  21. 4 new batteries and boxes
  22. fiberglass work on the dash board to fix helm
  23. hatch actuators
  24. complete vinyl on outside
  25. and much more.......I am just excited and I am sure that most of you could care less about this ****! lol

The boat ran great, needs a little tuning, but it is great. If I can figure out how, I am going to post some before and after pictures.

I would like to thank John Montgomery for all of his hard work putting this thing together as well as Tyler Crockett, Scott & Cathy Mander, Dean Gellner, John Ireland, and every one on OSO that told me not to sell it and just to fight through and finish it.

It will be named "The DG" (The Dirty Girl) Because she took all of my money.......and a few other reasons.... lol

Thx,

p:
Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Registered

Pics?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Registered

I will be posting some pics as soon as it stops raining here on the east coast!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Awsome can't wait to see some pics. what year is the boat??

John jr
Old 07-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

well... how did it run last night? Lesley and I stopped by John's last night and he said you were out on the lake.

Last edited by Chris; 07-21-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

DG, Can't wait for the picture. I would like to see what you did with the dash, Im thinking about re-doing mine next spring.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

Where abouts in Rochester did you get the boat from..? What does it look like..? I dont recall ever seeing a 10 meter around here ever.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Registered

I am going to be posting up some pics later tonight. First I am going to put up all of the old pics and then I will put up some of the new pics. I need to get some decent weather so I can get some decent pics.

"Ron" the dirt bag who stole my money is the owner of a company called Precision Auto Service in Rochester NY. He never had the boat in the water. He claimed he had thousands into the rebuilt motors with basically no hours on them and I needed a little bit of work to get the boat in the water. Ya...........

The boat ran great for the first time on Monday night. I ordered new fuel pumps for it and I will be putting them in tonight. I thought I would just use the old ones but I am worried they are not working right, I'd rather put new ones on anyways.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Registered

Because our weather has been crap over here in Erie PA the last week I have not been able to get any completely finsihed pics of the entire boat cleaned and ready to go but here are a few............I am going to post all the old ones and then the new ones in the next post.

These pics are of the front dash, you can see it was all busted and gone

The inside cockpit. The seats were junk along with the rest of the interior, no carpet, cracked cabin door, just ****ty looking

The motors are what you see, Peices of S***

The picture of the bow you can see where there was once a stripe on the bow.

The pic in the water was the first day that I finished it last year, Ron told me 4k and a few days worth of work and it would be ready......much more than 4K, many more weeks than two just to get it in the water last year. It ran in the driveway for a while, I took it to the lake for the first test run and about 2 minutes into the first run the motors blew up...............Thanks Ron! YOUR THE MANN!
Attached Thumbnails The Dirty Girl LIVES!  PROJECT DONE!!-justins-pics-500.jpg   The Dirty Girl LIVES!  PROJECT DONE!!-justins-pics-633.jpg   The Dirty Girl LIVES!  PROJECT DONE!!-justins-pics-499.jpg  

The Dirty Girl LIVES!  PROJECT DONE!!-justins-pics-504.jpg   The Dirty Girl LIVES!  PROJECT DONE!!-justins-pics-1369.jpg  
Old 07-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Registered

I had a similar experience with my Fountain but on the west coast. I bought it and had to re-build the drive and the engine, a total of about 13k. It's probably a good thing I don't know where the guy lives who used to own the boat, I'd kill him for beating the **** out of it and then passing it off to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.