Rooster tail? >

Rooster tail?

Notices

Rooster tail?

Old 07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rooster tail?

Anyone know if a '04 38 fountain lightning with staggered 525s will roost or must be way trimmed up? In particular, this boat.... http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26312-en.html

Ohh yeah, and anyone know anything about this boat? Im interested in upgrading....

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered

Only if you over trim it. Nice boat though.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That boat is very very well cared for. The owner ran it on fresh water in Lake Michigan. Super clean,very well maintained. You will not be disappointed.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice boat! I bet it will throw a tail cause its a stagger boat. It depends on the X and centerline I would guess. All the newer 38's and 42's do but the drives are closer together.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Id love to have that boat......!!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Make an offer! Could be had at a very resonable price. It makes a 3' rooster tail but not way up in the air like the #6 boats. I'm looking for a picture....

F
Old 07-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by beamog
Anyone know if a '04 38 fountain lightning with staggered 525s will roost or must be way trimmed up? In particular, this boat.... http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26312-en.html

Ohh yeah, and anyone know anything about this boat? Im interested in upgrading....

Thanks!
The rooster tail does not come from trimming up. It is from staggard engines and high x dimension. My 42' EX with stock 525's throws a 15 foot tail when you just start to trim, at about 2-4 on the trim gauge. As you bring the engines up to cruising/top speed trim the rooster tail will calm down. When I am trimmed correctly at top speed, around 5 on my trim gauge the rooster is smalllest. If you over trim it will damage the drives. Good luck with the boat.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input. I kinda understand the X-dimension, and such. I currently have a T-454 mag mpi boat, non-staggered and we were just talking about a roost since were staggered. i noticed they call it a short staggered, since if you look at PR version boats, the drives are much closer. not really a concern of a roost or not, just just a conversation piece.

FountainClimber - Im assuming its your boat? I am highly considering the boat if the deal is right. I dont need a new boat, but deff wouldnt mind moving up. The boat looks well maintained and is pretty much exaclty what Im looking for. As long as motors/drives/hull are good, im content. everything else can be fixed/modified with a lil elbow grease.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Registered

Will throw a small rooster because it is only a short stagger not a full stagger. They come from high x doimensions though. Put 2inch short cases on it and it will throw some h20.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gerrit,

You never let me know how them Maximus' worked out.

Beamog,

Yes it is my boat. I moved to FL and need a 20' fishing boat. The boat is at Suncoast Powerboats in Sarasota FL and has not been in the salt water down here. It is in very excellent condition! Make an offer.

Yes the rooster tail is all gone by 45. Drive trim angle has almost no effect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.