Throttle relocation >

Throttle relocation

Notices

Throttle relocation

Old 04-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
You will adapt in time! As far as around the docks it is hands down a better set up. I grew up with stick shift cars and therefore had a mind set on which hand was supposed to be doing the steering and it took me some time to get my old brain into the deal. But docking is the tits with this set up.
That is kind of the mind set I had being used to steering with my left hand on everything; vehicles and boats. It seems like it would take a little time to get used to. Just hope I can catch on quick, or just invest in a lot more bumpers!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by donzizx
I would still like to see a setup where the shifter is on the left and the throttle on the right, just like the 30 outlaw. I found a dash panel from livorsi that had this setup for a fountain, but I havent seen it installed with the levers. It seems that the throtlle levers would be really close to the steering wheel with this dash. Thanks again for the input

Honestly, if I were to have a new Fountain built just for ME this is exactly what I would have done. I really love the docking advantage, but my brain still says that my leftie is for steerin' and the other one is for the other chit!

I have thought about doing this change but the boat handles so well that you can just stuff them up there and drive it, so why bother!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by donzizx
That is kind of the mind set I had being used to steering with my left hand on everything; vehicles and boats. It seems like it would take a little time to get used to. Just hope I can catch on quick, or just invest in a lot more bumpers!

Like I said the docking is a big plus, don't worry about that part. You will make the adjustment in time as far as the rest goes, believe me there is nothing out there that drives like a Fountain, and I've had the opportunity to run a chit load of other perf boats. The time to adapt is well worth it.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what he said.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

I did the switch to split throttles with the Livorski dash. No problems at all with the wheel, every boater friend loves them. Just a great setup and looks wonderful. It is the way to go, do it and love the boat
Old 04-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Whole theory here, this is the Reggie version of why left, is that most people are right hand dominant and therefore your right hand should control the direction of the boat. And in a race set up it allows for one to throttle and one to steer without having to tear the whole boat apart and re-rig it.

The reason I love the set up for docking is that if you're in a real tight spot you can sit on the edge of the bolster with a hand on each shifter and make it just dance in to any spot you want it. Plus you are closer to the center of the boat making your ability to see both sides of the boat better.
all so if u get in ruff water , who ever is in the passenger seat can throttle the boat while the driver drives . robbie
Old 04-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You won't even think about it after a day on the water. Did you have to learn to drive from the right side of the boat, vs the left side as in your vehicle? Same thing.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when pulling up to the dock . I like to look around. My neck gets sore if i turn it all around and chit.. this way I can stand facing the back of the boat and view what I need to instead of being strickend to the cockpit area. The freedom is incredible. And no throttle on the right side gives me the space i need to work the wheel out in the bay. If you are right handed, teaching your left hand to be good at something is a good thing too. We can drag this out longer than the forumla guys I bet.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Registered

You mean there are boats that have the throttles on right? Thats weird...

Last edited by Back4More; 04-13-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
when pulling up to the dock . I like to look around. My neck gets sore if i turn it all around and chit.. this way I can stand facing the back of the boat and view what I need to instead of being strickend to the cockpit area. The freedom is incredible. And no throttle on the right side gives me the space i need to work the wheel out in the bay. If you are right handed, teaching your left hand to be good at something is a good thing too. We can drag this out longer than the forumla guys I bet.

I have my own ways of training my left hand to be good at something...

I'm just sayin'...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.