Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
insurance question >

insurance question

Notices

insurance question

Old 05-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick you may need to push SF a little, I know I did. They would inititally insure my triple until Formula sent them a letter indicating the engines were stock with the boat. I know they don't like aftermarket engines in boats. I also have my cars and house with them and I think that made a difference. I sure can't beat the price and I've called all over to compare.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
Nick you may need to push SF a little, I know I did. They would inititally insure my triple until Formula sent them a letter indicating the engines were stock with the boat. I know they don't like aftermarket engines in boats. I also have my cars and house with them and I think that made a difference. I sure can't beat the price and I've called all over to compare.
Thanks man I will def do that. My house and truck are also with them, but they weren't at the time I bought the boat so that could have been the problem.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well I checked with my SF agent today and still no luck, he said it could vary by state. Anyone have any input on IWSF, like I said I have recently heard that I may have issues with them if I ever had a claim. I hate to judge off of one little rumor/story I have heard so if anyone has had experience with them please share....
Old 05-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Registered

Call Stacy at Wake Zone. I had placed my 35 ft Fountain w/525's at $1,500 annual w/$500k in liability navigational region is Northeast saltwater usage. Wakezone now covers my 39 Outerlimits w/600's @ $2k annual premium.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Stacy Wake Zone She Did A Good Job For Me
Richard
Old 05-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Registered

state farm, just got a quote yesterday waaaaay lower than allstate and they do boat only policys
Old 05-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well surprise surprise, after 3 or 4 days of b*tching to SF about all of these other guys insuring their boat with SF. They decided they can insure mine too! Only gonna be about 600/yr, thanks guys for making me keep pushing SF, it is crazy how they were so hesitant......