Notices

Batteries

Old 05-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batteries

Need recommendation, I have a 35 fountain with twin hp500's and need some input on what batteries everyone has been going with. Not many electrical goodies and play stereo not long when out. Plus, whats up with the dual battery switches on the fountains. Still can't figure out how those things work each battery.... Thanks
Old 05-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Registered

I use Optima blue top's. $155.00 and change at Sam's club.
They last twice as long. Have more cranking amp's!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Registered

Does anyone think Odyssey batteries are worth it. I don't want to have to change the battery boxes for the Optima's.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1 switch for each motor and battery.
Keep Port switch to #2 and Stb switch to #1. That will insure you never have 2 dead batteries and can always switch the dead side to the good battery to start. Don't run with switches in Both.

The switch goes with the motor it is nearest, and allows you to choose what battery to pull from.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 05-17-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:12 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by speedchangesyou
Does anyone think Odyssey batteries are worth it. I don't want to have to change the battery boxes for the Optima's.
You don't have to any more Optima makes a 27 series Batt. that fits right in the std. box....
Old 05-18-2010, 02:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BZ
You don't have to any more Optima makes a 27 series Batt. that fits right in the std. box....
For sure? I have an 08 35 Lightning and the batteries were a part number 27R. All brands I checked at 3 suppliers in Lake Havasu (Walmart, Interstate and American Battery) said they could not match the OEM batteries for height and reversed posts. I ended up ordering OEM replacements.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Registered

hav 08 35 just put in odyssey 34 m 1500,s fit no prob length is smaller hgt and width is ok, 27r is a reverse terminal battery , odyssey posts are kind of in the middle, hav had these batteries before they are very stout, hav a 1050 mca for efi. little more money but worht it
Old 05-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Registered

Thanks for the switch position advice i have been running them on Both. I probably will look into the Optima's and want to also look at Interstate. Man too much thinking in this powerboat world......... Speed
Old 05-18-2010, 09:06 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.optimabatteries.com/optim...etop/specs.php
Old 05-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TampaBeach
As for the battery switch, again I am different, I start out with one for each motor, but usually during the day, like when sitting for a long time playing the stereo, I switch to just battery #1 on both switches. My reason is so if I drain #1 to dead, I know #2 is going to start my motors up and get me home.

What manufacture boat do you have?

I'm using Interstate and never an issue so far on the cruiser. Tried Autozones once in the Fountain and went thru 2batteries in 1 season. The latest replacement was just pulled out last week when I noticed my battery tray had corrosion on it from a leaking battery. This time it lasted 2 yrs. No more AutoZones for me now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.