Warning Lights >

Warning Lights

Notices

Warning Lights

Old 06-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning Lights

I Have A 1999 35 Lightning With Twin Hp500 And 250 B&m Blowers. Both Engines Were Recently Done And Recently I Noticed The Two Domed Shaped Warning Lights On Both Side Of Speedo With Occaionally Come On With A Faint Alarm. All Gauges And System Working Properly But Didn't Understand What They Are Telling Me May Be Wrong. Its Not The Same Ear Piercing Sound When Engine Stalls But A Faint Sound. What Are These Two Lights Responsibilty. Thanks Speed
Old 06-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 137 Likes on 82 Posts

had that same prob with a new 99 42 trip 525sc boat lights would flicker and faint alarm when running around 3800 rpm and above never did figure it out .Preston the fountain mecanic at loto rode in the boat under the dash and did something but dont know what to fix it . Either disconnected something or???? but never had probs for 10 years.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check your Drive fluid Bottles .. they drop a bit when under way and may set a alarm also the lights are set to go of together regardless of What motor sets the alarm also they are switched to ground so if you have a faint alarm check the grounds on the transom behind the motors or the dash grounds.

Last edited by blownincome; 06-23-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Registered

Default Warning lights

I did check all fluids and seemed to be okay. Did think about the ground thing but wasn't sure where to look so thanks on that and under the dash I'll have to look if you find out what it was I would appreciate it. Thanks again guys.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Registered

Why are the newer dashes linked together? My old dash had an alarm per engine?
Old 06-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blownincome
Check your Drive fluid Bottles .. they drop a bit when under way and may set a alarm also the lights are set to go of together regardless of What motor sets the alarm also they are switched to ground so if you have a faint alarm check the grounds on the transom behind the motors.
Are you still working for the Fountain dealer? I need to order some white hatch latches and two chrome lighting bolts. T
Old 06-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

weak sounding alarms are usually a sign of a bad connection.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Are you still working for the Fountain dealer? I need to order some white hatch latches and two chrome lighting bolts. T

Try Gail right at Fountain, I got the latches from her a little while back, and I'm sure she can round up the bolts for you as well.

Last I knew Bob was no longer at East Coast Flightcraft, but he's still the Fountain version of McGuiver!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Try Gail right at Fountain, I got the latches from her a little while back, and I'm sure she can round up the bolts for you as well.

Last I knew Bob was no longer at East Coast Flightcraft, but he's still the Fountain version of McGuiver!
when you say a little while back as in the past 9 months?

Thanks, T
Old 06-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Tom.. Ya I left EastCoast about 16 months ago (My Heart Is still there) But back in the car Buiz for now.. EastCoast Is a Great place and Great people Just made some economy Adjustments.... Running a Local Body shop For dealer but still a Boat Guy! Like Ragged said Call Gail Direct At Fountain Tell her Bob From Eastcoast said Hi !!
She Will take Good care of You.
Bob
p.s McGuiver!Even my wife calls me that ... Guess thats a good thing!

Last edited by blownincome; 06-23-2010 at 05:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.