Notices

27 Fever

Old 06-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27 Fever

Hi Guys I have a question about the 27 fever. I am very interested in buying a fever. I have been looking at some of the posts on here and read that the 27 fever is a very hard riding boat? I seen some one said it is not a very good ocean boat. I now have a 25 checkmate convincer with a 598 bbc and it runs high 70s to 80 gps. I like the checkmate but it is getting a little old and needs a new interior along with other things. Just want to know how the 27 fever compares to the 25 checkmate. Also if there is anybody in the new york area that has one that I could look at and possibly go for ride on.I have somebody that wants my boat just want to make sure I am making the right move.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:54 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

27 is not a hard riding boat. Its just a small 27 foot boat. In its element its a good boat. Lakes, rivers or protected water its ok. Not an ocean boat unless its flat. The cockpit on your Checkmate is as big or bigger than the 27 Fountain. You may like a single 29 Fountain better than the 27, still no ocean boat, but more usuable room.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered

Beak is right, it's not a "hard riding boat"....but then again compared to what...a 353 Formula in 5 foot seas...yes, it rides hard.
The 27 truly is a driver's boat, you have to DRIVE it, and those big azz tabs are there for a reason, use them.
I rode in several boats in the 25-27 range before I bought mine, did one of them have a softer more controlled feel to it? sure, but the Fountain is faster with same HP and in my opinion, a lot more fun to drive...and it's a Fountain. If you want a Fountain, get one. You will enjoy it.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered

A 27 Fountain is a very small boat. Spend a little more money and get a 29 with a single. Much more usable room. Jeff
Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scooter B
Beak is right, it's not a "hard riding boat"....but then again compared to what...a 353 Formula in 5 foot seas...yes, it rides hard.
The 27 truly is a driver's boat, you have to DRIVE it, and those big azz tabs are there for a reason, use them.
I rode in several boats in the 25-27 range before I bought mine, did one of them have a softer more controlled feel to it? sure, but the Fountain is faster with same HP and in my opinion, a lot more fun to drive...and it's a Fountain. If you want a Fountain, get one. You will enjoy it.
Ditto "Scooter B"...This is my 1st season with my 27fever and I'm lov'n the 2-2.5 footers. My buddies with there 22'-25' boats have been whinning about the rough water this year but I'm having loads of fun! Of course it's not as smooth as the bigger boats, but its a great ride.