Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Candyman,

You're right about Marty.

Mark S.
Old 05-16-2002, 04:54 PM
Registered

FeverMike - Check your e-mail. I sent you the right phone numbers. What pitch was that Hydro you gave the speeds for?
Old 05-21-2002, 12:42 PM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Jana, quick check, remove the flame arrestor and with full throttle applied make sure your throttle plates in the carb are at a 90 degree angle to the carb base plate. Just a thought.

Jan
Old 05-21-2002, 12:51 PM
Registered

FeverMike,

Where are you getting the Hydro labbed?

Thanks,

Mark S.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:25 PM
lefty

Fever Mike,
What exactly does it mean to have a prop labbed?
Lefty

Old 05-31-2002, 05:52 PM
dockmech

jana, I have a 1990 29ft fountain and my father in law has a 1998 27 fountain with a hp500 spinning a 25p hydromotive at 5200rpm at 73gps mph. I would think your boat could turn a 25

Old 06-03-2002, 08:10 AM
Registered

That's what I'm thinking too. Definitely going to try the 25. 26 also and a couple of Bravo I's. Maybe Spinelli too, if I can get one. After the Poker Run next weekend, prop testing will get back in gear.
Old 06-03-2002, 03:52 PM
Registered

Talking

Jana
I'm sure if you ask Chuck, he would be happy to help you hold the GPS and watch the rpms or watch the water ahead for you. That is if he can keep from chuckling about your efforts to beat his "new" Powerquest "family boat". Just joking...really....we used to own the old PQ and have heard how happy he has been with it . He mentioned that you went out with him and did the GPS on it. He just e-mailed us with his latest escapade on the way to Clear Lake

Anyway...hope you get your prop problem worked out before this weekend. Sounds like a great poker run. Have fun

Tbikini
Old 06-03-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

Yes, I did the GPS thing for Chuck. 72.1 mph (4 people and a full tank)! But of course, your old boat has twins. I've actually got a mounting bracket for the GPS on my boat, so I'd rather run without the extra weight . He had an "interesting" day to say the least yesterday, but it all worked out OK. I've borrowed a prop from my marina for the run and will get back to a more leisurely prop test schedule after it's over. I'll have a chat with Reggie at the next race I go to and tell him how I got smoked by a "family" performance boat. Ought to get a reaction!
Old 06-10-2002, 10:06 PM
dockmech

Jana, I live near spinelli and have had Mike build me props and he does a good jod. but I have not been there in a year and read in one of the power boat mags that he had sold out or was going to sell. There is alot of his props out there and they work well. good luck I have been testing to night and found that 28p hydrs and having the props turn in make my fountain feel like a brand new boat I had them turning out and was going to sell them. My friend said put yuor props in the other drive and run the boat in rev. I thought he was nuts, but we tryed it and you can not believe the difference. 84mph on gps at 5200.

Quick Reply: Prop Testing - Disappointing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.