Might be time to say goodbye to the Fountain >

Might be time to say goodbye to the Fountain

Notices

Might be time to say goodbye to the Fountain

Old 12-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might be time to say goodbye to the Fountain

Well since owning our 42 for 14 seasons I think its time to get into something a little more family and guest friendly. I want to keep the next boat in a slip since its alot of work with driving over to the drystack, loading it up, dropping it in, get gas, drive over to a slip, and pick up the Family. Then at the end of the day taking it back out only to wipe the whole thing down and cover it all before 5pm... which is when they shut the doors to the drystack building. I was really looking into the 400SS by Formula but we boat on Lake Michigan and might be better suited with a 47 Fountain. I have 7yo twins and still on the first wife...so thats my crew. Would like to bring extended family and friends but the 47 might be less of a relaxing ride for some. Opinions?
Old 12-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

GRRR, i'd love to get into your straight bottom 42!

Are you thinking 47 lightning or 47 express?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

B4m You can ask my Ex boss we handled both lines and I have run a 40 ss in some pretty big water and liked it its not a fountain but very roomy.. he might have something that would work for you.. call Dan or Rick at EastCoast 978-777-1721 good luck in your search..
Old 12-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
GRRR, i'd love to get into your straight bottom 42!

Are you thinking 47 lightning or 47 express?
47 Lightning
Old 12-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by blownincome
B4m You can ask my Ex boss we handled both lines and I have run a 40 ss in some pretty big water and liked it its not a fountain but very roomy.. he might have something that would work for you.. call Dan or Rick at EastCoast 978-777-1721 good luck in your search..

Thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear ya! So you decided to go after it again?
We broke down 2 yrs ago and bought a cruiser. (nothing like what you have in mind) Times/boating stlye has changed for us and the cruiser life just made more sense. The 'ol Fountains been sitting in the garage with a cover floor to floor ever since. Brings a tear to my eye everyday pulling out seeing it sitting there. We have a slip with a lift . That makes for a lot less effort than what you have to deal with. Jump in the econo box filled with beer and cloths and head to the lake for the weekend. Good luck on your search.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
Well since owning our 42 for 14 seasons I think its time to get into something a little more family and guest friendly. I want to keep the next boat in a slip since its alot of work with driving over to the drystack, loading it up, dropping it in, get gas, drive over to a slip, and pick up the Family. Then at the end of the day taking it back out only to wipe the whole thing down and cover it all before 5pm... which is when they shut the doors to the drystack building. I was really looking into the 400SS by Formula but we boat on Lake Michigan and might be better suited with a 47 Fountain. I have 7yo twins and still on the first wife...so thats my crew. Would like to bring extended family and friends but the 47 might be less of a relaxing ride for some. Opinions?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36753-en.html
Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the 48' Express Fountain. Has 2 staterooms.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
Thanks

Can't help much with the pros and cons of the two. I can vouch for Dan and Rick at East Coast Flightcraft. These guys are real straight up people to deal with, bought the current boat from them. Rick was my sales guy, Dan is the owner and was involved as well. Dan has since started a Formula dealership in their area. They could help on either boat.

I had one issue when I picked the boat up, cockpit carpet had a funky smell, I said I would deal with it due to how we had made the deal. They said I wouldn't cure it, they had see the same before, and the only way to fix it right was to toss it. They already had a new one comming for me. I had been there two weeks before, gone over the boat, made the deposit, then wire transfered the balance. Boat was paid for, done deal, they still made it right. I was impressed!

Good luck with your search, we'll miss the old girl on here.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

We came out of a 1993 triple 42 into the 47 just all this year. I don't have a ton of time on the 47 yet, but like it. It has ac, gen, vacu flush, etc all the stuff needed for a family. I trailer every weekend and it's not a boat you want to drag around, I think you are on the right track for what you want. Ours has 500 EFI's and I've seen 82 on GPS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.