Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Fountain=Weak display at MIA boat show... >

Fountain=Weak display at MIA boat show...

Notices

Fountain=Weak display at MIA boat show...

Old 03-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Lets see. Run the business into the ground. Basically poor management. Sure the economy tanked, but they were gambling too much so they lost. Now file bankruptcy, sell the company to some no name and walk from your debt. Let the no name take the fall and you start a new company debt free, comparatively, with your unblemished name. History will repeat itself. Were Fountain owners left high and dry for service? Probably. Will RF warranty any of the boats he built while at Fountain when Liberty is gone? HELL NO. Looks like a tricky paperwork deal to get out of debt to me. Or am I way off?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone see the weak dealer network mentioned?...pontoon boat dealers now carrying Fountain boats.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

For the sake of all the employees that made Reggie successful and are still there I hope Liberty can continue building Fountain powerboats. I also hope Reggie can build a new boat that meets everyones expectations.
ed
Old 03-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

no one noticed the boat at the fountain display was a 2 yr old privatly owned used boat (beautiful boat btw and my personal favorite fountain) but a little on the cheesy side for the worlds largest boat show.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

What 42 was at the show?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It would make sense that having such a backlog, and trying to ramp up to speed, they would not have much product to show at a boat show. Good business sense would dictate that in February, their dealers need some product.

But the stories from Liberty, and the above story, are so different, it might just warrant a call to Mr. Walker. Very handy that he listed his phone number. Are current employees working their tails off down there?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
What 42 was at the show?
BULLHEAD's
Old 03-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I just can't believe this new ownership will put the labor of love Reggae did to make fountain successful as it was before economic downturn. I guess I need to be open minded but you just don't replace Reggae Fountain and become more successful.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
Did anyone see the weak dealer network mentioned?...pontoon boat dealers now carrying Fountain boats.
I am one of those "weak dealers" now carrying Fountain boats. I signed up right before everything went down with Reggie. You bet, I am sorry he is not there!!! Every time I ever saw him at a poker run or at the factory, he would thank me for running his boats. (even though I was in a fish boat at a poker run) At Loto, he jumped on my boat and wanted to go out and wave to the crowd. Everyone loved him. It didn't matter if they were on a 55 Sea Ray or a 15ft Bayliner. People LOVE and RESPECT him! It is a shame that he is gone! He Left. Liberty wanted him to stay.

With that said, the new guys from Liberty and the guys that are still at Fountain, especially Tony and Brian, are committed to making Fountain boats better than before. I had a special request with the second boat we ordered. They are building me a one of a kind boat. They are taking my odd request and making it happen. It is great to see the factory so busy. We may be a weak dealer network now but we are so excited about the product and the future with Fountain Powerboats. We are taking baby steps in this economy but I feel great about what is happing with at the factory and about the product. I have personally owned 9 Fountains, 2 OL's, and three Cigs. NOTHING compares to a Fountain in my opinion. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised with the new Liberty/ Fountain team. Just give them a chance.

Mat
www.gosanders.com
Old 03-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcraymond3
I am one of those "weak dealers" now carrying Fountain boats. I signed up right before everything went down with Reggie. You bet, I am sorry he is not there!!! Every time I ever saw him at a poker run or at the factory, he would thank me for running his boats. (even though I was in a fish boat at a poker run) At Loto, he jumped on my boat and wanted to go out and wave to the crowd. Everyone loved him. It didn't matter if they were on a 55 Sea Ray or a 15ft Bayliner. People LOVE and RESPECT him! It is a shame that he is gone! He Left. Liberty wanted him to stay.

With that said, the new guys from Liberty and the guys that are still at Fountain, especially Tony and Brian, are committed to making Fountain boats better than before. I had a special request with the second boat we ordered. They are building me a one of a kind boat. They are taking my odd request and making it happen. It is great to see the factory so busy. We may be a weak dealer network now but we are so excited about the product and the future with Fountain Powerboats. We are taking baby steps in this economy but I feel great about what is happing with at the factory and about the product. I have personally owned 9 Fountains, 2 OL's, and three Cigs. NOTHING compares to a Fountain in my opinion. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised with the new Liberty/ Fountain team. Just give them a chance.

Mat
www.gosanders.com
Good luck, Mat. I wish you the best in your new endeavor as a Fountain dealer. I suggest anyone interested in a boat/truck/car get in touch with this man and just talk to him. He comes across as a totally honest and legit business man and I liked his style. Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.