Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
2011 Fountain 38 CC >

2011 Fountain 38 CC

Notices

2011 Fountain 38 CC

Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Fountain 38 CC

Just traded 2006 Fountain 33' SFC for a slightly used 2011 38 CC. Boat is awesome - waiting for warmer weather in Northeast !
One question - just wondering if anyone has found a way to get fishfunder to read above 20mph. Transducer is a thru-hull installed forward from the first step.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat has a full Garmin network, GPS, etc. Some boat makers like Contender and Yellowfin say that they get full sonar readings up 50+ mph. It just may be that the transducer placement on the hull is at point (closer to stern) where it stays in water even when the boat is on full plane.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkavourias
Just traded 2006 Fountain 33' SFC for a slightly used 2011 38 CC. Boat is awesome - waiting for warmer weather in Northeast !
One question - just wondering if anyone has found a way to get fishfunder to read above 20mph. Transducer is a thru-hull installed forward from the first step.
I had to put a transom mount on the back of my Marlago at the rear margin of the pad keel to get good continuous readings.