2008 fountain 35 time to plane

Notices

2008 fountain 35 time to plane

Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts
Default 2008 fountain 35 time to plane

test drove one today, stagered 525 spinning hering 6 blades... never thought I'd cavitate trying to plane !

Quite tuff to get on plane ! even with tabs full down... quite a big rooster tail with drives down, less to none trimmed high at higher speed...

What's the trick to get on plane without stripping the props?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in this too. I've only had mine a few days and I have no test/spec sheet yet...So far I just gun it, the RPM stabilize at 4,000 and I wait for the props to bite. It's quite a bit faster off the line than my 500EFI fever 29.

Did you notice a brief vibration at low RPM on launch? And is this normal operation, If anyone knows.....
Old 05-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Turn.

I don't have a whole lot of seat time in one, but have run a stagered 35 and a raised X 35. Both seemed to get a plane a little quicker when turning the drives.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Fred
I'm interested in this too. I've only had mine a few days and I have no test/spec sheet yet...So far I just gun it, the RPM stabilize at 4,000 and I wait for the props to bite. It's quite a bit faster off the line than my 500EFI fever 29.

Did you notice a brief vibration at low RPM on launch? And is this normal operation, If anyone knows.....
no vibration, but funny feeling when raising the throttle just a little... seems like your vibration could be from the props cavitating? even at very low rpm ? I did not solve the entire question yet... it is a boat that I think you need to get some seat time to get familiar, learn and find the best way to drive it... sure is not the perfect boat for someone that never had any performance boat before... got to watch the rpms !!!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Registered

They definately do not jump out of the hole......
With a bit of chop and turning seems to work best but you still have to "walk" the throttles up and down. I am still playing after 40 hours on mine to try and figure the best way to be honest.
I tried my 7 blade herings last weekend and they did help a bit.........
Old 05-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Single With Twins
They definately do not jump out of the hole......
With a bit of chop and turning seems to work best but you still have to "walk" the throttles up and down. I am still playing after 40 hours on mine to try and figure the best way to be honest.
I tried my 7 blade herings last weekend and they did help a bit.........
Did you see any SPeed gains with the 7 blades?
Old 05-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

better getting on plain for sure, a bit better mid range and at 4600rpm ran at 90mph.
I did not trim it right our, just over 2 on the indicator, going to try this weekend now that I am comfortable. I was concerned / cautious with stern lift so didnt go crazy.......the feel of the boat is TOTALLY different though, very solid and at higher speeds, thebackend does not move like before......so far so good.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

wow sounds good keep us posted.
BTW

How much did the 7 blades cost?
Old 05-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

tabs in drives in push throttles up till you feel the shudder start to pull your tabs up as the boat props start to blow out pull your sticks back till you gain traction (stop cavitating) push your sticks up again and you are rolling.. the shudder you feel is normal , as said above turning a little may help
Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what about the smart craft screen? I turned it on, did not really have time to use it...

How does that work generally speaking? what feature are you using most of the time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.