Notices

-2s

Old 06-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Thanks alot Allen. I put the anti-cav plates on yesterday, and I'm going to try to get some 28 Hydros to run this weekend. The cruise was WAAAAY better with the 30 Bravos....@ 4k RPM, I was 63 mph, whereas with the 26s I was only at 55. (This was with the trim all the way out at 4.5 - 5 pins...previously, I always ran at 3.5 pins).

The boat doesn't seem like it wants to free up in the back end...even with the bowlifting props.

And I nowhere near giving up....I'm just getting started!
mike
Which way you spinning your props?
Allen
Old 06-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 29scarab10
Start looking for ways to free the boat up some. I know that on that year 29 and 32 they had blocks on the trim tabs that the 35 might have had. If they do, take them off and run the boat, when you get the boat as fast as it will go and you are confortable driving (it may try to chine walk), cut the blocks to fit. Usually about 3/16 cut off will help.

I also know that alot of people will disagree but every boat I have ever owned liked zero toe in the drives.

Try to keep as much weight (extra stuff) in the back half of the boat (for sure keep heavy stuff out of the nose of the boat) and yes a 25 pound tool box will make some difference.

Use a level or angle gauge to make sure both drives and trim tabs are traveling the same on you indicators.

Make sure there are no blunt edges or dings in your skegs.

Double check you total timing and your afr. It is not uncommon for the dyno afr to be perfectt and then be really rich in the boat.

Keep playing with props. If my math is right you used 26 quad 4 x to get to your best speed and the 30 pitch bravos were very close. That is a big spreed in prop size with little change.
How many rpms were you turning the 30's? Someone offers to loan you a prop, do not turn down that oppirtunity. Have seen some crazy things that i thought would not work but turned out to work great.

Dont give up.
Allen
all good points/tips
Old 06-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Spinning in. Techman, what you described is exactly what I had happen.... Hopefully they work.