Notices

-2s

Old 06-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default -2s

Finally got to run my boat this weekend with the -2 lowers and my new motors. All things considered, she ran on flat water very similarly to the normal length Bravos. Came on plane nicely, ran on rails at speed, turned well. Problem was when I went out in some bumpy water, my props kept blowing out upon re-entry. I was throttling like I always have (I'm not Saccenti, but I can run a boat in the rough)...but it was crazy how I about stopped every time I came back in. Then the props would grab and it would take off again.

I was trimmed to the spot where I always ran the boat...3-4 pins. Is this too high? Should I be keeping the drives tucked more now that I have the shorties?

Need some help from those that have done the same thing...
Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I would PM monstaaa and see what he recommends.

Good luck.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Finally got to run my boat this weekend with the -2 lowers and my new motors. All things considered, she ran on flat water very similarly to the normal length Bravos. Came on plane nicely, ran on rails at speed, turned well. Problem was when I went out in some bumpy water, my props kept blowing out upon re-entry. I was throttling like I always have (I'm not Saccenti, but I can run a boat in the rough)...but it was crazy how I about stopped every time I came back in. Then the props would grab and it would take off again.

I was trimmed to the spot where I always ran the boat...3-4 pins. Is this too high? Should I be keeping the drives tucked more now that I have the shorties?

Need some help from those that have done the same thing...
What props you running? Are you sure that you are not comming of the throttles to much?
Allen
Old 06-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

Yeah, What props? and did you add the extra cavitation plates to the uppers?

Last edited by Back4More; 06-13-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered

No extra cavitation plates and it happened with both 26 Hydros and 30 Bravos....and I'm pretty sure it isn't that I'm pulling back too much...I have done that in the past and it hasn't resulted in blowout...
Old 06-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Registered

No extra cavitation plates and it happened with both 26 Hydros and 30 Bravos....and I'm pretty sure it isn't that I'm pulling back too much...I have done that in the past and it hasn't resulted in blowout...
I think I would get and install a couple of these http://www.imcomarine.com/cal_store/...plate-kit.html
Allen
Old 06-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 29scarab10
I think I would get and install a couple of these http://www.imcomarine.com/cal_store/...plate-kit.html
Allen
I've got them, but didn't put them on. Why do you think that would help with blowout?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

I've got them, but didn't put them on. Why do you think that would help with blowout?
Not trying to be a smart butt, but technically you are not blowing out because to blow out speed has to be increasing by definition. You are cavatating and these plates are generally refered to as anti cavatation plates.
Allen
Old 06-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Maybe you ARE a smart-butt...with an emphasis on the "smart." I'll definately put it on the list of things to try!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

Try the plates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.