Bow V-stop for my Fever >

Bow V-stop for my Fever

Notices

Bow V-stop for my Fever

Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bow V-stop for my Fever

When I bought my 27 Fever it was setting on a borrowed trailer (see pic) and I had to buy one on the way to pick up the boat. The trailer I bought (see other pic) has a roller integrated to the winch tower. I want to put a V-stop on it, but the only thing I can find are the 2", 3" and 4" rubber units that would still be on the winch tower. I want one that is like the one in the picture. Does anyone know a source where I can buy one of these? Thanks...
Also..the new trailer came with only the rear (10' or 12') bunks. The 27' Fever seems to ride OK on just them, but I'm wondering if I should put some forwar bunks on it to help support the hull. It's not a step hull. Any opinions on the bunks are appreciated too.
Attached Thumbnails Bow V-stop for my Fever-fever-01.jpg   Bow V-stop for my Fever-loadmaster-24-26-td-6k-2-.jpg  
Old 08-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can probably get a vstop from Myco and make it work on your trailer. I have the front bunks on my Myco as well.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

My trailer looks identical to the trailer you bought and I also have a non step 27. The only issue I have with the trailer is the white plastic V that guides the bow. It cracked and gouged the keel of the boat. As far as the roller winch combo, it works fine.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Contact LoadMaster Trailer of Ohio:

http://www.loadmastertrailerco.com/options2/

Scroll down to bow stops.

They sell a 2 piece adjustable bow stop with the blocks like you are looking for.

And actually, the one you have pictured isn't the greatest either. Depending on the ramp angle, you have the chance of the bow eye getting caught on that stop; when lauching or retrieving. The bow stops that are open in the middle (like Myco and the one pictured at the link above from Loadmaster) that have the rubber blocks going horizontal instead of verticle are much better. This two piece setup is the money for boats like ours. It keeps the winch handle from interfering with the boat, and it also allows the person operationing the winch to stand much closer to the truck; sometimes not even in the water.

I also like having front bunks on a trailer. It makes it MUCH easier when loading by yourself, in a current, in a breeze; or all of the above. You can buy all the parts you would need at www.championtrailerparts.com .

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-05-2011 at 11:34 AM.