Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
42 Fountain "Issues" >

42 Fountain "Issues"

Notices

42 Fountain "Issues"

Old 06-06-2002, 07:30 AM
fullthrottle42

Default 42 Fountain "Issues"

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE. . .
After reading this forum, I realize that I'm not alone in discust about the quality issues that exist on Fountain boats. This isn't the only manufacturer, I Know, but when you give them a specific list and they can't or will not acknowledge it there's a problem. After 4 visits by me. And 4 attempts by Fountain, each attempt the boat condition gets worse. This gives the buyer of this particular Fountain one course of action to take. I would like to talk to anyone else who was so frustrated, pissed off and ready to light himself on fire like a buddist monk.

Old 06-06-2002, 10:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give some details
Old 06-07-2002, 10:00 AM
fullthrottle42

Angry ISSUES Details

I contracted a new 1999. Totally new paint interior of choice., New warranties. etc.
4 visits to factory
1 defect list was written. Cosmetic issues only at this time
Visits were done at my expense so issues would not develop.
Boat delivered and sea trialed. Several cosmetic issues, Several structural issues inc stress cracks in gell coat. Major crack between engines at structural beam. Covered up with a gel coat cap applied recently. Galley fell out. Engines were blowin mor oil than a Russian frieghter. Dirty engine compartment due to grease oil fuel stern drive fluid etc. No serial numbers on one engine. So on an so forth.

Old 06-07-2002, 02:22 PM
lefty

fullthrottle42,

Sorry about the problems you are having, hope everything gets fixed. I want to thank you for telling me about the props. The boat did pick up a couple of MPH on the speedo but not sure about the GPS (I don't have on yet). The new props have it turning less RPMs (4700) and more speed 68-69 MPH on the speedo. Are the guys where we bought our boats being helpful?

lefty

Old 06-07-2002, 05:21 PM
fullthrottle42

Default lefty

The guys over at performance marine are tring to be concerned. They sold me the boat in New condition and it cant get done. Reggie himself said it would be better than a new boat in front of me and our salesman.

I read that refferal troutly, thanks. The shipping damage story It happened to me too. The snaps ripped off and shredded the interior. That driver, what a dumbFK. Told them to stuff the boat and return it to Fountain. Flew in to Daytona today to pick up the boat so can get it to Miami but further screwups delayed it. Jeff Harris is now calling me back since this going on now since April.

Lefty your RPMs should be around 5100 5200, at least you got a couple of MPH's out of the deal.

Legal Eagles are now retained for some Assistance.

Old 06-10-2002, 06:05 PM
fullthrottle42

Default Thanks for the info.

So far several of you have PM'd me there "issues". I do appriciate the help.

Old 06-10-2002, 10:33 PM
fullthrottle42

Default Jus waitin round

Called dealer again. No news or call backs. Called Factory, Message Machine again uuuurrrrggh Certified letter received by both from legal eagles. I feel a little better, thanks for ur support. At I know when it comes to this Fountain thing I'm not the Lone Ranger.

Old 06-11-2002, 10:44 AM
fullthrottle42

Default Bashing???

Some members think that listing fountain factory problems is considered bashing the factory. I consider it very realtime information. Specially since its happening to me. I've owned 3 fountains. I can sing the praises as well as the rasberries. If I had read this site before closure on my boat, I would have done things differently. These problems I'm having are big, real and FACT. Facts experienced by other members here. Shipping problems, Cacking all documented here. Spoke to Wyatt, oh yeah, he sold me the damn boat. Spoke to Reggie Fountain, spoke to everyone at fountain. Betty, Reggie's sec got me the return calls. Thanks Betty. Visited them 4 times times and they blew my list off. They said it was done, closed, handeled. Oh and they had there QC guys on board to generate there own list. One of these guys had a pen in his pocket. You guested it. Allover the new Bolsters, seats everywhere. I sent this crap back to the factory over and over. Nothing was done. Just lip service. Bashing huh. Screwups like mine should be handled without question. I work, you work for our time off. Time is limited for everyone. Its not just biz to me. I'm mad as hell. Madder than I was. Pissed off that this is a common occurance at Fountain, That it happened to other Fountain owners. Its because of this forum, Ive decided to take it legal. Im not going to wait around until November. This is a NEW boat. I rode it once till it broke to S!#t. Not because of abuse because they assembled it by hiding quality issues. My frigging galley fell out in front of my dealer. Bouncing around in the cabin. Bashing? I dont think so. Cracks appearing everywhere because the filler fell out. Bashing, I dont think so. Structural beams cracking because of the Gel cap that was supposed to cover it up fell out. Remember NEW BOAT HERE. Bashing huh!!!

Old 06-11-2002, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fullthrottle42,
I don't think your bashing. We on OSO would love to hear all the issues. You are a new member and a lot of us have fell prey to some bogus stuff posted here. One guy even posted his own death. It's hard to decide what is fact or not. This is an explanation of why more people haven't posted on this thread. I would re-post a detailed story on the general discussion page. I'm sorry that the factory is having these kinds of issues. I tried to buy another Fountain back in November and was blown off by the Factory. I guess they didn't need my business. I hope everything works out for you. I look forward to the details so I know what to look out for with future purchases.

Good luck,
Dan
Old 06-11-2002, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fullthrottle42,
I just read the main page. I usually read the Fountain section first. I have definitely done my *****ing about the Factory over the last 6 Months. Post like these make me very happy I still have my 35 which doesn’t have any structural problems. Fountain should be bending over backwards to find a solution to your problem. Please give a list of exactly what happened to your boat. What kind of power? Was it a classic or Lightning? Where was the filler that you found? This makes me happy I didn't get to purchase the new boat. I hope everything works out for you.

Dan

Quick Reply: 42 Fountain "Issues"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.