Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Staggered 35 Owners? >

Staggered 35 Owners?

Notices

Staggered 35 Owners?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

well of course the time that matter. I dont care about open water but its the trailering docking and small manuevers thats the difference.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ran it a couple hours yesterday for the 2nd time and starting to get use to it.

I wanted this 35 because it had air and gen and still good speed for the power. A 38 is what I actually wanted but it would have to be 700s in it. I've had a 35 and 42 before and then 2 different 47's and I always trailer everything so getting around with any size is a non issue to me other than I moved to the country and I have a narrow blacktop drive going back 1000 ft before it opens up. Also the road to here is a county blacktop and not real wide so making the turn off a narrow road into a very narrow driveway required a smaller boat. I kept the others in town but sold that property so changes had to be made and ground on either side of my drive is not available at any price. This 35 is on a tandem Myco and is just about all that will make the turn. A 38 would have required a lot of jacking around every time and since I boat mainly on the Ohio River a 35 is plenty big enough. Also I've had a 47 to clean since 97 and and I'm ready for something easier and this fits the bill all the way around.

Back to the issue of the boat, SWT thanks for the response and I'll try that and see how it works. Whats you thoughts on the 7 blade would you buy them again? I had planned to buy another set to keep around when didaster hits. Around here it's hard to find any to borrow for a weekend and the seasons are short enough not to be down because of a prop issue.

Thanks for the help
Old 08-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LuvMy47Ftn
Ran it a couple hours yesterday for the 2nd time and starting to get use to it.

I wanted this 35 because it had air and gen and still good speed for the power. A 38 is what I actually wanted but it would have to be 700s in it. I've had a 35 and 42 before and then 2 different 47's and I always trailer everything so getting around with any size is a non issue to me other than I moved to the country and I have a narrow blacktop drive going back 1000 ft before it opens up. Also the road to here is a county blacktop and not real wide so making the turn off a narrow road into a very narrow driveway required a smaller boat. I kept the others in town but sold that property so changes had to be made and ground on either side of my drive is not available at any price. This 35 is on a tandem Myco and is just about all that will make the turn. A 38 would have required a lot of jacking around every time and since I boat mainly on the Ohio River a 35 is plenty big enough. Also I've had a 47 to clean since 97 and and I'm ready for something easier and this fits the bill all the way around.

Back to the issue of the boat, SWT thanks for the response and I'll try that and see how it works. Whats you thoughts on the 7 blade would you buy them again? I had planned to buy another set to keep around when didaster hits. Around here it's hard to find any to borrow for a weekend and the seasons are short enough not to be down because of a prop issue.

Thanks for the help
I would definately buy the 7 blades again, they gave the boat a bit more stern lift, dont have to trim the drives as much and it made the boat track alot better, noticable handling difference that personally i like better.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Reggie Fountain
7 blade herings would help that and it would run faster.
Think you should listen to the guy that posted this, I am pretty sure he would know exactly what setup you need!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nick9671
Think you should listen to the guy that posted this, I am pretty sure he would know exactly what setup you need!
My thoughts on that were the same!
Is that the real Reggie?