Finally some WOT numbers! >

Finally some WOT numbers!

Notices

Finally some WOT numbers!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 47 lightning
did you try 5 1/2 on your drive trim thats what they like with that set up ,5 or 6 blades will not help you on top end with your curent drive set up. 2 or less on tabs.
I haven't tried 5.5 yet on the drive trims or 2 on the tabs. For the 84.5 speed, I had the drives at 4 and the tabs at 3. I will have to give that a go, hopefully this weekend. For the tabs though 3 is dead level with the bottom of the boat. Should I bring them up past neutral to make sure they aren't dragging at all??

As for 5 and 6 blades, do you think they only work better with short lowers, when the prop is more out of the water and surfaces more? If thats the case it looks like I'll have to try either hyrdo 4-blades, or labbed bravos.

How much will getting all that extra weight out of the boat including 1000 lbs less of gas in the tanks?

Thanks!

Last edited by HOT_RODN99; 10-13-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HOT_RODN99
I haven't tried 5.5 yet on the drive trims or 2 on the tabs. For the 84.5 speed, I had the drives at 4 and the tabs at 3. I will have to give that a go, hopefully this weekend. For the tabs though 3 is dead level with the bottom of the boat. Should I bring them up past neutral to make sure they aren't dragging at all??

As for 5 and 6 blades, do you think they only work better with short lowers, when the prop is more out of the water and surfaces more? If thats the case it looks like I'll have to try either hyrdo 4-blades, or labbed bravos.

How much will getting all that extra weight out of the boat including 1000 lbs less of gas in the tanks?

Thanks!
Hi there.. If your drives are low, I would not go with 5 or 6 blades. I tired Maximus 5 blades om my 29 Fever and it did NOT run good at all. It was porpoising and slow. If you have a 2 step hull, I would look for shorties. Abobe 80 mph, the drag becomes a critical factor.... I would lift the drives as high up as possible and run 6 blade herings with long hubs for max grip and steering. Then you will also get a nice rooster tail :-) Dont expect too much speed gain by replacing the props. They are usually the best and only 1-2 mph is possible to get with labbed props.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Nice numbers so far. I am looking at shorties for my boat and I would think that would get you the most gain. I would try it with some labbed 32's. My boat runs the same right now with my labbed 30s vs my un-labbed 32's. I am getting the 32's labbed this winter and hopefully I should see some gain from it.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=HOT_RODN99;3526662]I haven't tried 5.5 yet on the drive trims or 2 on the tabs. For the 84.5 speed, I had the drives at 4 and the tabs at 3. I will have to give that a go, hopefully this weekend. For the tabs though 3 is dead level with the bottom of the boat. Should I bring them up past neutral to make sure they aren't dragging at all??

Thanks![/QUOT
my tabs don't do anything for me unless its rough out or to much weight on one side. triming up from 4 to 5 1/2 will gain you 300 to 400 rpm you will need labbed 32 or 31 which they make call teague.problem is youre props are worn and flex to much not thru pitch any more when you trim out you go no faster because you hit the rev limiter.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by HOT_RODN99
So I think labbed bravo 32s would be the hot ticket to get to about 90-92. I also might try some 5B or 6B herings. I'm thinking those might get me to 92-94. Or what do ya'll think about those sets of props and those speeds?

Not to burst your bubble here but those speeds with 500's are a stretch regardless of props, IMO. 525's in your hull, better / higher X dimension, and I have an average of 90 or a little better most days in good conditions. Had a best of 94 with a set of 5 blades before the all knowing prop wizzards majic touch sent them down the chitter.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 10-13-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Registered

My 2000 ran exactly the same with the stock set up. When your fuel guage reads 3/4 full you actually have less than half in the tank cause of the shape of them. Mine ran the same with one person and no fuel as it did full and 4 people. If I trimmed mine past 4.5 I would start slowing. Great numbers, sounds like your right where most of them in the early 2000's run.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
Hi there.. If your drives are low, I would not go with 5 or 6 blades. I tired Maximus 5 blades om my 29 Fever and it did NOT run good at all. It was porpoising and slow. If you have a 2 step hull, I would look for shorties. Abobe 80 mph, the drag becomes a critical factor.... I would lift the drives as high up as possible and run 6 blade herings with long hubs for max grip and steering. Then you will also get a nice rooster tail :-) Dont expect too much speed gain by replacing the props. They are usually the best and only 1-2 mph is possible to get with labbed props.
Our 35 is indeed a 2-step hull. Looks like I'll have to get my hands on some imco -2 lowers. And then couple those with hering 6B or 7B props. But for now I think labbed bravos will have to do.

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
Nice numbers so far. I am looking at shorties for my boat and I would think that would get you the most gain. I would try it with some labbed 32's. My boat runs the same right now with my labbed 30s vs my un-labbed 32's. I am getting the 32's labbed this winter and hopefully I should see some gain from it.
Thanks! For my first weekend of a couple WOT runs, I was impressed especially knowing the boat was loaded down and that i didn't go very aggressive with the trim settings. I have 30" bravos unlabbed on it now, I think the first set of props I'm going to try will be 32" labbed bravos.

Originally Posted by 47 lightning
my tabs don't do anything for me unless its rough out or to much weight on one side. triming up from 4 to 5 1/2 will gain you 300 to 400 rpm you will need labbed 32 or 31 which they make call teague.problem is youre props are worn and flex to much not thru pitch any more when you trim out you go no faster because you hit the rev limiter.
Oh really? Must be all 47' of boat out in front of those tabs. Haha. When I do take her out next, I'll try trimming the drives up to around 5.5 and see what happens. It should put it damn near the limiters or even on the limiters.

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Not to burst your bubble here but those speeds with 500's are a stretch regardless of props, IMO. 525's in your hull, better / higher X dimension, and I have an average of 90 or a little better most days in good conditions. Had a best of 94 with a set of 5 blades before the all knowing prop wizzards majic touch sent them down the chitter.
I know I was kind of stretching those numbers...I was kind of hoping if I said those numbers, that they would magically appear on the ole GPS! Haha. With a set of labbed 32" bravos and lots of shedded weight, do you think 90-91 is a stretch?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C.I.M.
My 2000 ran exactly the same with the stock set up. When your fuel guage reads 3/4 full you actually have less than half in the tank cause of the shape of them. Mine ran the same with one person and no fuel as it did full and 4 people. If I trimmed mine past 4.5 I would start slowing. Great numbers, sounds like your right where most of them in the early 2000's run.
Yea, I do remember hearing from one of the fountain mechanics that the bottoms of the tanks narrow up and that fuel level starts going down fast after 1/2 a tank. I haven't tried giving it more trim, so I guess time will tell. I think that when Reggie ran the 2001 twin step boats with 500 EFIs, they ran out at around 87-88.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Nice speeds tabs up play aroung mark your sweet spot on the drive indicators!
Thanks. Yep, its a gradual but fun learning curve with this boat! I hope to run it in the LOTO shootout next year. Except I'm not sure how they'd class the boat. Its stock, but I read on Capt Rons website that 500 hp isn't stock for some reason...WTF! Haha
Old 10-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Registered

I found the 5 blades made a difference on top end with Imco -2". Your 4 blade Bravos are probably good for your application if they are in the correct rpm range. Not sure where you should be propped with your power? Might want to have Bblades take a look at them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.