Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
"DOWNFORCE" on executioner windscreen...??? >

"DOWNFORCE" on executioner windscreen...???

Notices

"DOWNFORCE" on executioner windscreen...???

Old 10-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "DOWNFORCE" on executioner windscreen...???

Hi guys, I just sold a new 35 Executioner windscreen to a client with a 1994 35 Lightning. Most of you probably know that the new type of screen is a little steeper in angle and has a "deflector tip" on top with a very steep angle. The case is that the boat now (supposedly) runs slower and it is porpoising.. As this is not a step bottom boat, it seems to affect the speed a lot. The question is if this is really possible...? Is the boat that sensitive for this additional "flip" on the screen?????

Anyone with some experience on this?

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

I have that windshield on my 92 35 and it runs great!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

Is it possible when he installed it he messed something up on the trim indicator? I really don't think it would do much you never know.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Is it possible when he installed it he messed something up on the trim indicator? I really don't think it would do much you never know.
I don't think the trimindicators have been touched... The boat has 2x whppled 502s dynoing 720 hp. The boat ran a steady 97 mph. last season., now it runs maybe around 90 mph. It is impossible to make more than 90 mph regardless of fuel, wind, chop etc... I will try to do a leak down test to see if there could be any lack of power. But it is more the attitude of the boat that have changed. It is hard to make it fly like before. That is not good for top end..
Old 10-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new style windshield

Have one on my 94 35 lightning 502s with B/Ms making about 650. It has been on the boat since i bought it, but it seems to work fine. I would be curious to know if it really hurt the mph that much.Pleas keep us posted on your findings.Thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

One option is to cut it off.... But we don't want to do that.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
One option is to cut it off.... But we don't want to do that.
Why not take it off and run without it,see if the speed is back. I'm kinda curious now.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

So was this modification done during the offseason and the boat sat for quite some time after the windshield install?

If so I would guess that maybe the hull developed some hook. Have you checked that?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I just sold a new 35 Executioner windscreen to a client with a 1994 35 Lightning. Most of you probably know that the new type of screen is a little steeper in angle and has a "deflector tip" on top with a very steep angle. The case is that the boat now (supposedly) runs slower and it is porpoising.. As this is not a step bottom boat, it seems to affect the speed a lot. The question is if this is really possible...? Is the boat that sensitive for this additional "flip" on the screen?????

Anyone with some experience on this?

Thanks!
pass it around
Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

I don't think the trimindicators have been touched... The boat has 2x whppled 502s dynoing 720 hp. The boat ran a steady 97 mph. last season., now it runs maybe around 90 mph. It is impossible to make more than 90 mph regardless of fuel, wind, chop etc... I will try to do a leak down test to see if there could be any lack of power. But it is more the attitude of the boat that have changed. It is hard to make it fly like before. That is not good for top end..
97 is fast with that power!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.