Reggie Fountain Question >

Reggie Fountain Question

Notices

Reggie Fountain Question

Old 10-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reggie Fountain Question

Reggie, first can I have the number for RF Power boats? need to get some pricing. Secondly I have a good question for you. I have a 1996 staggered 42 with 1200+hp engines. I purchased a set of SCX drives with Imco -1 lowers.I boat mostly on lake MI which everybody knows that its usually rougher than hell. I have a set of -3 SC lowers but what Im afraid of is Prop blow out when its rough out. What do you think the loss of MPH would be by using the -1 lowers? (I dont want to rebuild drives all of the time either) I also noticed that there isnt barely any bow lift at all using -3 lowers even when using a maximus large diameter prop. the boat was real flat riding in the water.

Another questions, Ive been told by a few big known performance shops and I wont mention any names that if I put Ext boxes on my hull, it would actually hurt me speed wise. They also told me that in a sense that my notched transome already acts as an extension box and the notch also helps put the props in less disturbed water. So would boxes help me or hurt me or do nothing on my hull?

Thanks for any feed back
Old 10-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TunnelVision3100
Reggie, first can I have the number for RF Power boats? need to get some pricing. Secondly I have a good question for you. I have a 1996 staggered 42 with 1200+hp engines. I purchased a set of SCX drives with Imco -1 lowers.I boat mostly on lake MI which everybody knows that its usually rougher than hell. I have a set of -3 SC lowers but what Im afraid of is Prop blow out when its rough out. What do you think the loss of MPH would be by using the -1 lowers? (I dont want to rebuild drives all of the time either) I also noticed that there isnt barely any bow lift at all using -3 lowers even when using a maximus large diameter prop. the boat was real flat riding in the water.

Another questions, Ive been told by a few big known performance shops and I wont mention any names that if I put Ext boxes on my hull, it would actually hurt me speed wise. They also told me that in a sense that my notched transome already acts as an extension box and the notch also helps put the props in less disturbed water. So would boxes help me or hurt me or do nothing on my hull?

Thanks for any feed back
Thanks for the Call Reggie, I will get back to you with some pics.