Procharger on Bravo one >

Procharger on Bravo one

Notices

Procharger on Bravo one

Old 02-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger on Bravo one

Looking at getting a procharger m1, 502 mpi, 330 hours on drive and motor. What kind of problems am I looking for, will the drive hold and what about motor issues? Im sure this has been discussed before, but new to efi and procharger. Scarab was natural asperated and carb. Thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Registered

MPI will help easier to set up than a carb motor.
B 1's are maxed out at 500 HP, those pro chargers do make power, and a lot of torque.
I put one on my 27 with an HP 500, turned it up to about 650 HP, grenaded the drive about half way through the summer, just twisted it. We put an IMCO drive on that was two inches shorter, then the boat was bullet proof, very fast little beak.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reggie
MPI will help easier to set up than a carb motor.
B 1's are maxed out at 500 HP, those pro chargers do make power, and a lot of torque.
I put one on my 27 with an HP 500, turned it up to about 650 HP, grenaded the drive about half way through the summer, just twisted it. We put an IMCO drive on that was two inches shorter, then the boat was bullet proof, very fast little beak.
Sounds like my kind of combo! Any pics of that setup? Sorry to thread jack!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:18 AM
Registered

Thanks, what kind of speed were you seeing with the bravo and then with the short IMCO? Sounds like it is pretty much a sure thing that I will need a drive, I'm sure it will def. break sooner than later than
Old 02-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Registered

the drive will last longer than you think if you treat it right. I have an M1 on my 27 Fever, 502mpi, spin a 27 Hydro and have been low 80s in the right conditions
Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griswald
the drive will last longer than you think if you treat it right. I have an M1 on my 27 Fever, 502mpi, spin a 27 Hydro and have been low 80s in the right conditions
Have you had to do anything to the drive or replace it? This boat is in extremely good cond. The previous owner garged it all the time, etc. Don't feel that he beat it too hard. Maybe the drive will last a while. How was the whole process of doing the procharger and getting it set up to run correctly? Was there alot of costs or things to do that procharger is not telling me about. Really appreciate your input, especially cause we seem to have about the same boat.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griswald
Agree. I have stock Bravos and run a lil over 600hp. Went thru the drives when I did the engines and have about 180hrs on them without an issue. I am propped with a decent amount of slip. A friend of mine runs stock Bravos with 750hp and has only lost 1 drive in 7 years. Also for the cost of 1 IMCO you could have a few Bravos sitting around for spares...
Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

Well maybe she'll hold, I don't tend to drive things easy, but I'm respectfull, just trying to avoid definetly washing up on the rocky coast of maine. LOL
Old 02-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by maineriverrunner
Have you had to do anything to the drive or replace it? This boat is in extremely good cond. The previous owner garged it all the time, etc. Don't feel that he beat it too hard. Maybe the drive will last a while. How was the whole process of doing the procharger and getting it set up to run correctly? Was there alot of costs or things to do that procharger is not telling me about. Really appreciate your input, especially cause we seem to have about the same boat.
Far too much to type. If you like, give me a call over the weekend and I'll tell you all about my setup. I'll PM my number
Old 02-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Registered

Every person on here that has blown a drive said "it will last a while, I just have to take it easy" right before they blew the drive. One time hammering it out of the hole to show your buddies the power or not getting off the sticks fast enough when airborne is all it takes when you are past the edge of what something was designed for.

Obviously you can make then last, as some have on here, but you have to be disciplined all the time. Hard to do with 650hp begging you to to use it like a hot drunk chick at the bar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.