New Fountain Owner! >

New Fountain Owner!

Notices

New Fountain Owner!

Old 02-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile New Fountain Owner!

I've been a fan of Reggie Fountain and the Fountain racing heritage for years, and I've wanted to buy a Fountain for just as long. Both recently retired, my wife and I found ourselves getting serious about purchasing a 38EC. To minimize the logistics headaches of getting a survey performed via long distance (and the transportation hassles involved), we were hoping to find a 38EC locally but figured the odds of that were slim to none. But as luck would have it, we ran across an extremely clean 38EC with HP500's being sold on consignment through Reggie's new company, Fountain Performance Marine in Washington, North Carolina.

To say my wife and I have become impressed with the excellent customer service at Fountain Performance Marine is a major understatement. During the purchase process we met and worked with Reggie's two sons Wyatt and Reggie III, and other members of their team. They all bent over backwards to ensure our purchase went smoothly, and the few minor issues that were noted by our surveyor were quickly and professionally taken care of to our satisfaction. And even a few other small issues that our surveyor missed were brought to our attention and resolved by Reggie's team.

Wyatt Fountain performed the 38EC's in-water testing. The boat ran great. I've operated a few cruisers over the years but I've never seen a cruiser perform like this one did. Both speed and handling characteristics were excellent. Even carving up the Pamlico River at WOT, the boat handled beautifully. We saw speeds in excess of 67mph, and that was with 5 people on board (including our surveyors tool boxes). Not sure, I'm guessing the top speed may have been reduced a bit because we were running with the front and rear canvas and vinyl windows all in place (it was pretty cool that day, 40 degrees F). Overall my wife and I were very impressed with the boat's performance. We came away with the feeling that the design of the 38EC captured an excellent blend of performance, efficiency, safety, and comfort that we were searching for.

While finishing up the paperwork today my wife and I were lucky enough to meet Reggie Fountain himself. After speaking with Reggie and working with his sons and their team these last 2 weeks we have no doubt that Fountain Performance Marine is dead serious about building their new business around supporting Fountain owners, and we understand, support for other performance boats as well. Having Reggie Fountain, his sons, and the team at Fountain Performance Marine standing behind our purchase definitely felt great. Fountain owners can rest assured Reggie is still providing excellent service for his boats through his new company.

Thanks Reggie!

By the way, I'd also like to thank the OSO members that answered my questions about the 38EC over the last few months. Prior to purchase, I learned quite a bit about the 38EC through this forum. Much appreciated!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Good looking boat. I purchased my first Fountain not too long ago also (last Sept.) and I'm going to contact Fountain Perf. about a few minor things I need for mine.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice boat! Congrats!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

Nice ride congrats!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Congrats!!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Registered

Very nice ! welcome to the fountian club !
Old 02-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered

Nice 38 ec !!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

congrats.....very nice boat
Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Registered

Very nice boat, welcome to the FOUNTAIN family, you won't be dissapointed
Old 03-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Registered

Welcome to the club SR-71. I was at FPM on monday seen your new ride, NICE !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.