Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
'02 38' Lightning SCX-4 water test today=good >

'02 38' Lightning SCX-4 water test today=good

Notices

'02 38' Lightning SCX-4 water test today=good

Old 04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM me your number. I can put the shipping on my UPS account. What's the deal on the 4 gear sets I have . Can you get some cash for them??
Old 04-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

mcprod... what kind of gears do you have laying around? I need a full set of 1.50 Bravo drive gears, new style.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
mcprod... what kind of gears do you have laying around? I need a full set of 1.50 Bravo drive gears, new style.
We were talking about V-Drive stuff. Sorry for derailing. lol
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Registered

Hering say's no way I can spin em. Sorry for the dry run. I think you never know til you try them.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Registered

Raised my PU's back up, chopped the bottom edge off at 60* and glassed them to have a smooth transition from the hull notches. Water pressure's still low on the star engine but it didn't get hot. I GoPro'd the PR dumps and that engine is burping at times where the other, with good pressure, never does. New PR dump valve ordered.
The boat felt totally different with the PU's high and 38P 18*. The bow didn't feel like it was pushing at all but the boat felt real loose. On one high speed turn it felt like the rear end slid out 5'. Another time a chine walk developed after hitting a boat wake. It's never done that. It eventually straightened out. Still 104@5300. I'll see what the prop guys think. I think 20* rake is what I need. I think that won't lift the stern so much and give it a more "planted" feeling.
The 38's don't get on plane as easily as the 36's and the 36 20* rake never gave me a sense of instability.
Anybody have some 5blade 17" 38P 20* props I can rent/test?
Thanks,
Rob
Old 04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Surface Drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8a2g...ature=youtu.be

Notice how hi the prop runs out of the water. Power and Set Up. Spent endless money and time trying on my own. Nothing like buying factory built now.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Registered

Nice vid. I took one Saturday from that POV. I have a lot of spray so it's a lot harder to see. What I do see is a little bit of prop and lower. I'd say 3/4 of the bullet is in water on mine. Maybe someday I'll put on the boxes that raise the drive but for now I'm very happy. Strong drives, strong props, and picked up 1.5MPH.

Anybody think the spray can cause issues/slip?
The drive water pick ups are spraying the transom mount(IMCO said remove the hose and cap the inner plate), then dumping ahead of the prop. BTW there is plenty of water coming out here. Maybe I still had enough to feed the engine?????
The innercooler dumps, 4, are spraying back on either side of the drives, probably landing ahead of the props.
My exhaust tips have numerous holes ahead of the shut off valves that spray quite a bit of water downward. I tried taping these shut with tin tape but the backpressure caused by the valves removed the tape for me.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Registered

My coolers blow out the side, Kinda like a Beisemeyer You can just plug those holes in the transome when you raise the motors up 4
Old 04-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Registered

I was thinking maybe Stellings boxes with a lift.
Prop would be higher and further back like a 6 with less weight and parasitic loss. Don't tell my wife to be.

Did you see Dick's extended drain plug kit, for easy access? It's a delicate process getting between those cleavers. I'll just throw some extentions on the dumps too, that angle up to give it the PWC look. What do you think, galv or ABS?

I just committed on props. 5bl 16.8" 38P 20*. 2-3 weeks.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

I like your rake # on those props. Are you flying in for Desert storm// Imma try to pick Jeff's brain a bit over there..

How will it trim w all that/ I was thinking /.. You could raise your motors and put whipples on it. That way you could stay under the sun deck. Why settle for 6-7 boost when you can get a dependable 8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.