Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Help financing used fountain! >

Help financing used fountain!

Notices

Help financing used fountain!

Old 04-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wildman..... thanks im going to call her friday. i have off so i can hunt a little bit.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 AM
Registered

A credit union shouldn't be your last resort, it should be your first stop! Credit unions always have better rates and less guidelines I just got a loan for my new boat, 12 year @ 5.75% at Michigan state university federal credit union and there biggest concern was why I only needed less than half of what the bluebook was on the boat with 0 down! Fountain being bankrupt shouldn't matter, my friends get loans on profiles, powerquests, and powerplays like there brand new off the showroom. Id tell your bank lady to go sit on her thumb and move my accounts.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Registered

You can join msufcu with a one time $30 membership to a Michigan wildlife conservation club too FYI

I also moved my 06' Duramax there for 2.75%, you pick the duration of the loan!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, he lives in MD, I don't think a CU from MI is going to finance him.

Kevin, make a call to a local boat dealer and see who they use for financing. I have a CU in my area that I have been a memember for 15 years, they would not even consider my fountian. I used Key Bank but I believe they must have a branch in your state in order to do so. We have one choice in this area for performance boats.....key. Boat loans do not come easy today, be persistant and don;t give up, My loan took almost a month from application to close. Be prepared to be able to prove everything....twice The woman at my bank said boat loans and home equity loans are the hardest to get at this time. She also told me she could have wrote me a loan for a $90k car in 5 mins with no income verification....the boat took forever and they even verify your tax returns with the govt...strange.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Not sure what current status is now but Citizens Bank in MI used to like boat loans.
Originally Posted by BZ
That's who did my Fountain
They did mine as well. 2001 - 15 year - 5.75%
Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Registered

Yeah I do think a cu in Michigan would loan to him. I no some grads that live in California that still use them.

But your the expert, take it from here boss...
Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Gold Member

Key bank told me today that im all good only to call me back and inform me that she can't do loans if they are titled in md. As far as the first lady telling me its the brand fountain I can only tell you that she repeatedly and emphatically told me that so im just telling you what she said, and she is also mentioned in several oso forums for het work in the performance boating bussiness.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
Yeah I do think a cu in Michigan would loan to him. I no some grads that live in California that still use them.

But your the expert, take it from here boss...
I missed the part where he was a Migh State grad, do you know the definition of a CU? If so, share your expertise on why a CU would take a new member 800 miles away and write him a high risk marine loan. Key Bank won't even write him in MD and they have banks in over half the states.

I guess it is worth a shot, and if it doesn't fly he can just call all the university CUs around the entire country unitl he finds one that will
Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Gold Member

Lol, I appreciate the help. If I wont be able to get a loan then believe me when I tell you nobody will.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

key bank has grate % rates and that is who i am trying to go throw right now for my donzi zx but they r takeing forever and seem like they r draging there feet..... but if all works out i will be happy. so i kinda feel your pane with the whole lending problems........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.