Help financing used fountain! >

Help financing used fountain!

Notices

Help financing used fountain!

Old 04-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by sonickevin95
Key bank told me today that im all good only to call me back and inform me that she can't do loans if they are titled in md..

Are you sure you are understanding this correct? Are they saying it must be Coast Guard documented instead of titled in your state. There is a difference.

If it is because you have an address only in MD, the state is small, how hard can it be to get an address in a different state? Many people title vehicles on other states, I have heard there may even be tax advantages depending upon where it is titled?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I missed the part where he was a Migh State grad, do you know the definition of a CU? If so, share your expertise on why a CU would take a new member 800 miles away and write him a high risk marine loan. Key Bank won't even write him in MD and they have banks in over half the states.

I guess it is worth a shot, and if it doesn't fly he can just call all the university CUs around the entire country unitl he finds one that will
If key won't write him more than likely its cause there a bank, banks have ****ty policies, and guidelines that keep deserving hardworking people from things they deserve and in this case, know they can afford. hence the reason I don't mess around with them for anything more than a checking account and a savings in my small town. I belong to 3 credit unions tho by golly!

I don't see how its a high risk loan if he see his credits good and his income to debt ratio is where it should be. And as for calling every credit union around if that's what it took to get a boat I wanted id do it. He should be able to give them senarios of his earnings and bills and get a good idea if they can write him or not without running his credit everytime. If my buddies are getting 100% loan value on 94'-95' model year boats with no hassle I really don't see why he's having issues...
Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

That a bummer, I asked if she would do loans in other states and she said "yes"
I do have a Indiana address and drivers, but I asked about other states for this site.

Btw I am a credit union member ( couple of them) and they couldn't touch the rate key gave me.(4.99%)

Sorry for the bad lead.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Gold Member

The wierd thing for me is I had my sonic loan through m&t bank and made double payments for a year and a half and the fact that the brand changes to fountain and then they turn there head completely. I am going to try a credit union if I have to and i wont give up either, I went through it with the last boat until I got it done. What really sucks is that the people who over stretched themselves with castles and multiple mortgages they couldnt afford has killed the lending bussiness for those of us that stayed responsible borrowers and money savers. Now the banks are scared to death to lend on a pure luxury item. My truck cost more then this boat and they would have sold me 3 of them. The only posotive is that the boat shouldnt go anywhere while im trying to get this done. Oh and key bank has a list of states they will only lend in on there website.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Gold Member

As far as titling the boat in another state that isnt an option either. believe me im trying
Old 04-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still laughing at the credit union being a last resort, LOL.

Traditionally they have better rates on loans over banks, higher yield on investments over banks, no bull**** underwriters and red tape like banks do etc... Good luck with your search. And btw 4Bus yes there are credit unions that loan out of state.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Gold Member

I belonged to my unions credit union for 7 years and had several bad experiences with them, customer service being the main problem. Got fed up and god the duffis working at the.window I wanted to.close my account he rudely ignored me until he saw the rather large amount of money I was withdrawing. Then his attitude changed and he tried to keep my bussiness but it was to late. This was just an example of many issues I had with the bank/credit union. So you can laugh if you would like but if you went through what I went through in the past then maybe you could understand more. But I am open to it, realistically speaking I may have no choice.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonickevin95
I belonged to my unions credit union for 7 years and had several bad experiences with them, customer service being the main problem. Got fed up and god the duffis working at the.window I wanted to.close my account he rudely ignored me until he saw the rather large amount of money I was withdrawing. Then his attitude changed and he tried to keep my bussiness but it was to late. This was just an example of many issues I had with the bank/credit union. So you can laugh if you would like but if you went through what I went through in the past then maybe you could understand more. But I am open to it, realistically speaking I may have no choice.
Are you X military by any chance?? I used USAA to finance my Fountain with no problems.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered

I had a bad experience at one of my credit unions a while back when GM was just out of bankruptcy. Basically some chick at headquarters thought the world was ending yada yada. But now that I'm at msufcu I've never had such ease with loan approvals, and the rates are the beat I've ever had.

Another thing you might wanna try is call shogrens and see what lenders there using for customers nowadays, they could point you to who's loaning on boats and I no they use lenders that will approve out of state people.

God I'm ****in' smart!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Gold Member

288kid.... I called Shogren wensday and got a number from the. The guys name is Dee Hert. His phone has bin going strait to voicemail, I left a message cause im hoping he's on vacation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.