Shore Power and AC on staggered 35' Lightning

Notices

Shore Power and AC on staggered 35' Lightning

Old 04-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tim brown
what is a galvanic isolater ? where does it go ?
It's an electronic diode contraption that keeps your AL. drives from being ate up when you plug into shorepower. Also a saftey devices. Not to mention when your dock neighbor uses an automotive battery charger to charge his batterys, instead of a marine charger. There IS a difference.

Very simple to install. Cut the green ground wire just after your shorepower plug and install the GI inline. Done. Safe. Happy Boating.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Really?

I found a picture on my other computer of the boat, it's dark but maybe I can clean it up tonight.

Provided I don't get called out for work.
U work for the railroad?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by dewayne6243
U work?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4bus it seems you have quite the computer skills . thank you . what does the 4bus stand for ?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

4bus it seems you have quite the computer skills . thank you . what does the 4bus stand for ?
Nah, was trying to be funny

4bus is my last name
Old 04-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckak
Installing 30 amp shorepower, main panel and duplex outlet in the galley, battery charger under the rear seat and reverse cycle AC (6500btu) under the sink. Tried to get pictures of installation from Fountain but they are not responding. Does anyone have pictures or has done this on a 35? Looking to see the actual locations of the shore power receptacle and AC panel that the factory option would do.
I am currently doing this exact install in my 32! I bought a 5000 btu window unit from Home Depot and a triplite 2250 watt inverter/charger along with 2 Odyssey batteries and 2 blue top Optimas. The custom audio shop I am using has done this many times and the owner has the exact same set up. They are installing shore power and the pannel for the hook up will be next to my right hip on the inside of the boat (along with the custom cup holder and audio wired Clarion remote they are installing. We are doing it like this because I will also be using a Honda eu2000i generator for those long days at the cove and the cord will just go around the windshield and into the panel. This way I don't have to cut anywhere in the hull.
The A/C unit is being mounted in the cabin on the storage closet wall. 6" of the evaporator will be inside the close and 3" will come out into the firewall by driver's feet but will barely be noticeable after they install the white screen around it. They are also making a custom drip pan that drains into the bilge for any condensation the unit makes inside or outside of the closet. I went up yesterday to check on it and they already have the holes cut for the sub boxes under the rear seat and also for the a/c unit. I will be back up there Fri and take some pics if anyone is interested in seeing them. Jay
Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to see all pics I can on this . I was thinking the same thing . I have a 35 Lightning . I have a head that we don't use accept for storage of life jackets and other stuff . I already have the shore power recpetical , and gfi outlets . 4bus , I used to tow my 29 fever with my 40 ft Eagle bus that I converted to a motorhome , I had to quit when I got the 35 , just to long

Last edited by tim brown; 04-18-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Registered

I would love to see all pics I can on this . I was thinking the same thing . I have a 35 Lightning . I have a head that we don't use accept for storage of life jackets and other stuff . I already have the shore power recpetical , and gfi outlets . 4bus , I used to tow my 29 fever with my 40 ft Eagle bus that I converted to a motorhome , I had to quit when I got the 35 , just to long
Will do. Yeah, I took my porta potty out to make room for some of the equipment/amps etc. I'll take pics when I go back up there on Fri.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

I removed the cooler and located my AC there. In doing so, I actually gained storage space.

A buddy located his AC under his bed in his 42.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I removed the cooler and located my AC there. In doing so, I actually gained storage space.

A buddy located his AC under his bed in his 42.
Where do you keep your drinks now? Bring a cooler on board I suppose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.