Dock boat lift size / specs for a 47? >

Dock boat lift size / specs for a 47?

Notices

Dock boat lift size / specs for a 47?

Old 05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dock boat lift size / specs for a 47?

Hello guys... I am getting the dock ready for deliver of my 2000 47... does anyone know what size / dimensions work best? I am thinking 16k lift which should work but do no know how far apart the pillions should be? Will a standard bottom boat lift work or do I need a custom 47 stepped cradle?

Any help is appreciated!!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

Call Myco they can make a custom cradle. or have your local boat lift guy cut bunks with steps. its a must. I called fountain they sent me trailer specs. Dont rack it on flat bunks. My outside poles are set at 13' and "i beams "are 12' wide . gives me room on both sides with guide poles "PVC" set at 8'6"
Old 05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by oneanddone
Call Myco they can make a custom cradle. or have your local boat lift guy cut bunks with steps. its a must. I called fountain they sent me trailer specs. Dont rack it on flat bunks. My outside poles are set at 13' and "i beams "are 12' wide . gives me room on both sides with guide poles "PVC" set at 8'6"
Sounds great and thank you for the information! So I could use a regular 16k lift and cut the bunks per trailer specs? That seems like a good solution to me.

I already have existing poles set on my dock (4 of them) but I will have to check on the distance. 13' just seems somewhat short when looking at it next to a 47. Probably a jedi mind trick...
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Registered

I put my lift in to accommodate future boats so it was 14' wide, 20,000# capacity and hung the cables on outside of poles set 14' apart. Used 20' bunks that were not cut for steps but were well padded. Boat was a '99 47 Lightning with twin steps that I ended up having for 6 or 7 years. Stepped bunks would have been better, but I never had a problem. Boat actually only used about 17' of bunk and there was a whole lot of boat hanging out the front. You should be fine with a 16,000# lift as usually designed with 10% safety factor and loaded boat should come in at about 16,000# with full fuel and water. You'l love the ride of the 47!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TeamPSI
Sounds great and thank you for the information! So I could use a regular 16k lift and cut the bunks per trailer specs? That seems like a good solution to me.

I already have existing poles set on my dock (4 of them) but I will have to check on the distance. 13' just seems somewhat short when looking at it next to a 47. Probably a jedi mind trick...
13' wide on pilings and 20' apart with the top i beams and motors. You should be fine with your 16K setup If you dont have a captains walk around the front and side of the boat i would shift your guide poles in closer to seawall or land for easy loading and put a flat plank on the other side for cleaning to reach the boat. this is a pic of the setup i used for a few days untill my bunks got done not a 47' but you get the concept....
Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I ended up buying a 20K boat US 6 post lift. Just couldnt do the 4 post lift for that 47... probably would have worked no problem... just did not look proportionate.

I'll post pics when my contractor gets around to installing it......