Notices

Back4More

Old 06-29-2002, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back4More

What is happening with the boat? I saw your post about it not being done yet. Did they run into any problems or is it the typical shop stuff. I hope you get it back soon.
Dan
Old 07-01-2002, 02:11 AM
Registered

Default Almost done!

Still waiting patiently...Its been one thing after another.
It goes like this;
Valve to piston clearance issue...machine 16 pistons
Broke piston ring at reassemble from above issue...order new set.
Blowers not set up right...send back and rework.
Power drops off at 4800RPM during dyno testing...order bigger cams, custom ground ones that are sent out snail freight...10 days lost.
Reorder IMCO shortie drives...first order never confirmed, 3-4 weeks till delivery!
Boxes and steering a ***** to install, but got done in a week...not bad since I decided to add this as of March.
Motors drop in but had to relocate motor mounts...they fit no hatch modifying needed. Yahoo!
Water testing begins on a Saturday
Hyd steering fitting leaks...wait till Monday to get new fitting.
Water testing resumes.
Tachs don't read, engine temp gauge showing high temp on Port side? Oil cooler leaks...remove riser, plugs, manifold, and finally the cooler...Bad O ring, no biggy.
Retrace wiring to find problems with gauges.
Here comes the one I almost lost it on!
Water testing re-resumes
Boat/Motors running good no leaks all is good with gauges, good speeds are attained even with the stock drives...engine sounds funny at docking???
Sounds coming from valve cover!
Out comes the motor and disassemble Johnny.
One lifter looses its wheel...cam and oil pump trashed.
New cam needs to be ground up ASAP...no cores till Monday!
Drives ready to ship but will take 5 days min to NY.
I think im going to buy another boat till ours is finished...LOL
We hope to be on the water this Sunday the 7th...of JULY!
I must add that i have found a new joy in my home/backyard...its been a non-boating vaction for us.
In all of nine years of boating we never had this much summer to do other things but, now i want my boat back!
Sea ya soon.
Mark
Old 07-01-2002, 05:09 PM
MIdnightRider

The pateince of Jobe, congratulations! Midnight

Old 07-02-2002, 12:53 AM
Registered

You have my sympathy. Stories like this almost make me want to leave the boat stock. I did say ALMOST. I hope you make it out soon. Is the boat still in NY? Are you water testing out there Sunday or back here?

MIdnightRider is responsible for the great weather last weekend. How were those weddings? You guys would have been bored on the big puddle over the weekend. The only air I got all weekend was from a big old cruiser. Thank God the Fountain is wider than the old Checkmate. The wife went to smack me and all she got was AIR!

Good luck,
Dan
Old 07-02-2002, 10:45 AM
Registered

LOL...Right now I would settle for jet-ski wake!
Yes, still in NY.
I had the IMCO's shipped to me 2nd day-air to make sure I would have them for finail water testing...should see them on Wed. ($18K/OUCH!)
If all goes back together good this week, I will leave on Friday night to go get it.
If anyone has anything lucky...rub it, kiss it, or whatever for me.
Old 07-02-2002, 03:41 PM
MIdnightRider

It was a big fight but I made Kris leave the wedding at 9:30 Saturday night to go to my marina party. We stayed out on Sat, and were out all Sunday, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. And it was boat rough around Grand Haven, there were boats everywhere. I had a chance to race a couple of times, we had a blast. Today I did the oil change, what a ***** to do three motors, in out, in out, hose on, hose off, hose on, hose off, wrestle with oil filter one, two ,and three. Go get more oil because I was short. It was like ground hog day, LOL But It's ready. Were doing Grand Haven Thursday, Going to Sausagetuck on Friday, Then back up to Muskie gone for summer celebration on Saturday. I have two friends riding with Kris and I, And I think "Pocket Pool" is coming along too if his "Stick in The Mud" doesn't screw his whole weekend up, "I'll come out, but I'm not staying!". Dont bother, LOL . If your around at all Candyman, call me 616-813-4537. Midnight

Old 07-02-2002, 08:19 PM
Registered

MIdnightRider,
How far up is Grand Haven from St. Joe? St. Joe is the furthest I have been in Michigan. If I can get my wife back into the boating thing it would be easier to do weekends away. She had a good time out Sunday. I'll keep my fingers crossed. If you have a woman that loves boating count your blessings. Mine loved it till a couple of years ago. Now it’s like pulling teeth to get her out. I do have quite a few store clerks that have offered to take her place. We ran from Hammond to Michigan City Sunday and it was scary flat. Obnoxus saw a couple 38 cigs running hard. Possibly too hard because one stopped and raised the engine hatch and then limped away. Flat water is always hard on parts.

Mark,
You’re probably going to miss that yard when you get the boat back. I hope everything works out this weekend otherwise I'll have to get you and Cigwille out for a slow cruise. It will make you appreciate those big boats with all that horsepower!

Dan
Old 07-02-2002, 09:03 PM
MIdnightRider

First- were going to be in Saugatuck on Friday, that is about 1/2 hr from South Haven, maybe not even. As far as Kris, she likes boating when it is conveinient, but uses its expense against me when it is conveinient. I would not say she loves it, she doesn't mind it. And I cant get enough, ecspecially now in my new rocket. I love that Fountain, it corners good, it loves the rough water, and chine walking, what is that, the faster it goes, the better it likes it. I agree with the smooth water in a big V. I just said that last week, if its smooth I wont run hard, it's to much load on the motor and drives, you can just feel it. Fly up to saugutuck Friday and stay the night, we'll have a blast. Were just going to find a place to park or raft right downtown. Chad