32 Full Mooring Cover Help?? >

32 Full Mooring Cover Help??

Notices

32 Full Mooring Cover Help??

Old 07-03-2002, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 32 Full Mooring Cover Help??

I need to get a full mooring cover (1998 32 Fever) that will drap down as low as possible on the gunwalls. Has any one have one of these and how much did it cost. My boat sits in the drive and I can't handle the UV damage that is likely to begin. I need a pullbarn but until that happen the best cover I can get my hands on will have to do. Cost is not the object, protecting gel is.
Thanx.......
Old 07-03-2002, 02:51 AM
Registered

Spent,
I had a full mooring cover that went down to the trailer for my red 25' Checkmate. I purchased it through Checkmate and custom ordered it to go to the trailer. It cost me $550.00 back in 92'. It had a tag in the cover from sunbrella. http://www.sunbrella.com/usa/boating.html
Tim at Riverview may have some ideas for you also. The team Scarab guys had some nice full covers for their boats that fit like a glove for trailering. You may want to post the same question on the general discussion board if that interests you.

"Cost is not the object, protecting gel is." I hope Reggie didn't see that. If so the price just doubled from the factory.

Do you boat on Lake Michigan? We are out of Alsip this year. We use to be weekend warriors on E dock at Hammond. We normally hang out in Chicago.

Dan
Old 07-03-2002, 08:57 AM
Registered

Yo Spent,
There's a guy in Villa Park that does excellent work.
Ed's Interiors 630-530-4163
Ed Smith
For my 31 Excalibur he made my full cover, my cockpit cover and recovered my back seat. All perfect!!!
He's fast and the quality is outstanding.
Give him a call.
DS

(what am I doing lurking in the Fountain section? Reggies first boats were modified Excaliburs)
Old 07-03-2002, 09:32 AM
MIdnightRider

My recommendation goes as follows: Have a canvas shop make you a cover that is four pieces. Your cockpit, then a bow cover that is seperate, they snap together( Thats what i have,great to put the bow on for overnights) Then side skirts that zip into the bow and cockpit covers. I will get the side skirts sometime when I get as rich as Pocket Change . I know of a 42 Baja, and a 38 Cig in my area with these and they are sweet. Have the company put zippers in so you can open your hatches while overnighting, and also half circle zippers at each of the bolsters so you can have your cockpit cover on and drive if its raining. MIdnight Gary's Canvas in grand rapids, MI made one that I know

Old 07-03-2002, 09:35 AM
MIdnightRider

Oh, I had a full storage cover that was sold with my old 42' ,it was done by Muskegon awning in MI. It went all the way to the trailer, and was $2500.00. I didn't like it because you cant use for overnighting, its to big and clumbsy. Midnight

Old 07-04-2002, 07:04 AM
envision

Fox Lake Canvas (across from Watts) can do anything you want. I used to work there and they do excellent work. Sunbrella is an acrylic and lasts a long time but it is not the most waterproof material.

Old 07-04-2002, 12:06 PM
Registered

Thanx for the info, I'll check out some of the leads. Fox Lake canvass is close...
Dan, I used to run the Bermuda Triangle out of Alsip, but now that I live on the Chain, that's usually where I boat. I might go outa Alsip (July 13) to head down to Pastrich marina for the Indy Poker Run to get a glimpse of some of the boats.
I got a Wife and 2 kids now so its a lot harder to escape to the 'Lake' like the old days to run the ship cannel & 'Lake'.
I squeeze a lot more boating on the chain, but its a little less rewarding than the blasts accross the 'Lake'. Now I just gotta stay outta the mud....
Bill
Old 07-05-2002, 12:27 AM
Registered

Bill,
What time are you heading out for the Poker Run? I hope to make it out. Last year they started early and we missed the start. I'll get in touch with Mr. Cig to find out times. I want to try out the digital and possibly run with the pack into the city.

What kind of boat did you have when you use to boat out of Alsip? I launched at Hammond in '97 and '98. Now I'm back being a River Rat. I have been boating out of Alsip since 1990. This is a picture of the Checkmate we use to have taken by the Blue Island Refinery. Maybe we will see you out there.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails 32 Full Mooring Cover Help??-checkmate-river.jpg  
Old 07-05-2002, 12:41 AM
Registered

Try www.fountaindirect.com. They have them and you can get just about any color. Go to the parts section of the web site.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:28 PM
Curt

I had a full cover to the trailer made for my 32 about 4 years ago by a local upholstery shop. He did it for $500. It still has no holes in it!

Quick Reply: 32 Full Mooring Cover Help??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.